New Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assistant

WSU-WBB-- Hired new assistant-- Word has it HE is already making players accountable. Something lacking the past few years. A strong post-coach and defensively minded, he could be just what the Dr. ordered.

Re: New Assistant

Originally posted by Shock_You
    WSU-WBB-- Hired new assistant-- Word has it HE is already making players accountable. Something lacking the past few years.
    Not sure exactly what this means, but sounds positive. Are you saying the Coaches have been too soft on the Ladies in the past? Can you provide a little more color or expound a little on what you mean?

How do you see this as translating into more success on the court?

TIA

Comment

What I am saying is what others have been saying. This team has needed a formidable male influence that will not be afraid to call them out when they are slacking. Someone new and fresh from the outside that can be given the opportunity to see some things that our coaches have been blind to. Someone that both the players and current coaches will accept as an authoritative voice for change. The girls have said themselves that they need some discipline and accountability. Some of the "stars" the past couple of years couldn't even run the offensive plays. They never memorized them and no one held them to it. I think their are some aspects of the "coaching game" that need a no BS attitude, whether it is from a male or female coach doesn't matter. They just need it. The past couple of years, they have not had it. I think that this team has alot of talent, and given the right teaching, motivating, rewards, and discipline , they can challenge for the valley title. At first looks, Mr. Gillespie posseses these attributes.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It will be interesting to see what happens.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Anyone know if Jane has had male assistants in the past??

Comment

Working...
          X