No announcement yet.

2017-18 Shocker Women's Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's 5 under. That was a scoring error. She's got about 14 feet for a birdie 3 on the last.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      When I started watching it on Facebook the announcers were calling it -5 so I assumed the scoring error. I suspect they were just looking at the same information we were. Taryn's actual scorecard is on Twitter and you can see the 2 plain as day. Amazing effort and result for the young lady. Congrats!

Laine Evans finishes off par-par-par and is in the clubhouse with a very solid 3-under 69 on the day and she is in a 9th place tie on the leaderboard, That might be good enough for All-Conference honors although I am not sure about that.

Just like Michelle Laine had her best round of the tournament today and also made a strong rebound from her 79 she shot in Round 2.

Comment

Lots of birdies to be had today. She needs to make this and hope it holds up.

Comment

BOOM!

Comment

Now they ARE calling it -8!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Now they ARE calling it -8!
            WOW! A sixty fricking four.

Will Taryn get to participate in the NCAA Regionals as an individual? I would hope so.

Taryn now up by 3 strokes on ECU's Dorthea Forbrigd. Forbigd has 3 holes remaining.

We know it is a new Shocker school record. Is that a course record? An AAC Championship record?

Forbigd birdies 16 to cut Taryn's lead to 2 with 2 holes remaining.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 17, 2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe they said it was an AAC Single round record. The previous was 66.

Fantastic final round for Taryn! That has to be one of the most clutch performances of any Shocker, any sport.

Super proud of that former Buhler Crusader!

Comment

If 18 is any indication, the course is set up much like the Masters par 3 tourney. Anything that hit that green pretty much funneled right to the hole. I imagine there are more birdies to be had. BUT 64, with TWO bogies mixed in, that's amazing.

Comment

Forbigd birdies 17. Cuts Taryn's lead to 1. With only the 18th hole to play. Sudden death playoff maybe?

Comment

ECU's Dorthea Forbrigd birdied the 17th and needs a birdie on 18 to tie Taryn.

In all seriousness, any 2 decent shots should give you a makeable under 15 foot putt. The pin is in a giant funnel today.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    18 is a par 5 so if you are on in 2 within 15 feet that's an eagle. Odds are that Forbrigd will birdie 18 and their will be a playoff for medalist honors. Although Forbridg did par 18 in the two previous rounds.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep my mistake thinking it was a par 4. The ECU player is within 10 - 15 for a birdie and a tie.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Fantastic final round for Taryn! That has to be one of the most clutch performances of any Shocker, any sport.

Super proud of that former Buhler Crusader!
                  She is a fantastic person as well. She works with us at the Wichita Open and is a tremendously hard worker.

Comment

Tie. Dang!

Comment

Drilled it. Tie's Taryn. I hope that still gets Taryn into the NCAA.

Comment

Hell of a finish by Forbigd. Birdie-birdie-birdie to force a medalist playoff. I assume their will be a playoff.

I guess they will have to wait until everyone else finishes.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                          RoyalShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The announcers said "share of the hardware", so I'm assuming they leave it at a tie. But who knows.

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Could be they will share it. I think the Valley used a sudden-death playoff to determine the medalist but not sure about the AAC.

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I looked at the AAC policies for Women's golf. They discuss a playoff to break a team tie but I did not seen anything one way or the other for breaking a tie for medalist honors.

The Shocks are going to finish solidly in 5th place. They just did not have the depth to play with Houston, ECU, UCF and Memphis but they were the best of the rest and I'm thinking that was a good showing for this Shocker team.

Also the Shocks trounced Tulsa by 25 strokes and that will keep the Shockers alive in the Havoc in the Heartland competition for this year.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 17, 2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X