Softball Team deserves more attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Team deserves more attention

They got off to a slow start but the lady Shockers have been coming on strong of late.

They swept KU and took the 1st game from SIU today. No word yet on game 2.

Probably still need to win the Valley tourney but the gals should be proud of the way they are playing.

SIU is a ranked team and KU was getting a few votes in one poll so these are quality wins.

Way to go Shocks!!!!!!

Last I heard they were tied at 1 in the 10th or 11th
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

MVC softball is played at a pretty competitive level. I think SIU and Illinois State were both ranked in the Top 25 and neither one of them were leading the league. League leader is Creighton.

Comment

Cynthia Verhulst's solo homer in the top of the 12th gives the Lady Shockers a 2-1 victory and completes a doubleheader sweep over 21st ranked Southern Illinois.

Verhulst's homer was her 14th of the season and set's a new single season record.

CARBONDALE, Ill. - It took Wichita State (36-26, 18-8) 22 innings, but the Shockers got arguably their biggest doubleheader sweep in school history as WSU took both games of a Missouri Valley Conference doubleheader against No. 21/21 Southern Illinois (37-13, 16-7) Saturday afternoon on Senior Day at Charlotte West Stadium.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

I am very proud to report that the Softball team completed the DH sweep of SIU on a 12th inning Verhulst HR.

These ladies are red hot. If they can sweep the series tomorrow, they'll have the inside track on the #2 seed in the tourney.

Congrats to Coach P and the ladies!!

Comment

Lady Shocks couldn't quite complete the road sweep of a nationally ranked opponent this weekend falling 2-1 in 10.

The loss seals the 4th place finish and the Shocks will open the Valley tourney on Thursday.

Good luck ladies! Great weekend!

Comment

I think the Shocks will make the NCAA field if they can reach the finals of the MVC Tournament.

If I understand correctly they are playing an 8 team, single elimination format with the Top 2 seeds already in the semi-finals.

The Shocks play the winner of the Evansville (5th seed) vs Indiana State (8th seed) game.

The winner of that game plays #1 Creighton in the semi-finals for the right to play in the Championship game.

Here's the bracket:

Comment

The Philadelphia Force of the National Pro Fastpitch league have announced they have signed Margo Pruis, a recent graduate of Wichita State University. The right-handed pitcher posted a record of 23-12 with a 2.45 ERA for the Shockers in 2007. Opponents batted only .168 in her 228.1 innings in the circle. Pruis recorded 242 strikeouts during her senior year.
                She was recently named to the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) Scholar-Athlete First Team and to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District team. The Morrison, Illinois native is the WSU all-time leader in wins and strikeouts. She also is ranked third all-time for strikeouts in MVC history.

Pruis was a three-time letter winner in basketball and softball for Morrison High School. She was a two-time member of the all-state softball team and was selected twice as the Sauk-Valley Player of the Year. During her high school career, she had a record of 56-8 with 792 strikeouts and a 0.28 ERA. She recorded 18 shutouts, nine no-hitters, and two perfect games as a senior.

For more information on the Force, please visit www.philadelphiaforce.com

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                  X