Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time to move bowling to the NCAA's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time to move bowling to the NCAA's...

First off, congrats to the Shox in winning another National championship. We have awesome tradition here at WSU with bowling so why don't we get out of the club level and move it to the Varsity level in DI? I realize that the stiffer competition is at the Club level, but wouldn't it be better to hang NCAA banners instead of UBC ones?

Congrats lady shox on the national championship.

We just need someone with deep pockets to support our bowlers. Are you offering?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think that will eventually happen, although under what conditions and timetable is anyone's guess.

As long as the best programs stay with the US Bowling Congress affiliation I don't see a desire by Coach Vadakin to move.

Perhaps some kind of collaboration is needed between the NCAA and the USBC to combine all the schools under the NCAA affiliation. What form such a collaboration might take or whether such a collaboration is even possible I don't know.

Congrats Shocker bowlers on another great showing.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        We just need someone with deep pockets to support our bowlers. Are you offering?
        Why would it take more money to be in the NCAA? I am not in the "know" by any means but travel would be the same and I assume we don't have scholarships right now as we are a club team.

Edit: The only problem would be that are travel cost may double as the men and women would be in different leagues. Perhaps that would require another coach?

Comment

They're not going to the NCAA because the team members can't keep playing for money. The ones that were at WSU when I was liked being able to play for money.

This isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            They're not going to the NCAA because the team members can't keep playing for money. The ones that were at WSU when I was liked being able to play for money.

This isn't going to happen anytime soon.
            Agreed, so long as all the best programs are outside the NCAA, which will probably be a long time since players can also play on the pro tour, the USBC title will be more prestigious and there will be no reason to go to the NCAA.

Most NCAA bowling teams only exist to meet the requirements of Title IX, which is not an issue for WSU because:
            A) We have both men's and women's bowling
            B) We don't have football creating a large men's/women's scholarship disparity.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

if it aint broke...
              ~ShockerShow~ :P
              GET LOUD n' GET SOME
              ShockerNet's Most Wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
                Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Why would it take more money to be in the NCAA? I am not in the "know" by any means but travel would be the same and I assume we don't have scholarships right now as we are a club team.

Edit: The only problem would be that are travel cost may double as the men and women would be in different leagues. Perhaps that would require another coach?
                Talk to Don Beggs. He told me it would be much more expensive and WSU was not going to switch.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                X