Jim Littell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Littell

I have made a few comments on one way by which Oklahoma State, under the direction of Kurt Budke and Jim Littell achieved their turnaround at Oklahoma State. (Not honoring commitments made to athetes by way of rescinding scholarships). To me, this method lacks integrity and speaks very poorly of the university. That being said, I am not necessarily OPPOSED to having him coach here....I simply have a few concerns about the reputation and integrity of the university which could likely be addressed with time.
    And, honestly, I think it will be fun to see Molly Jabali's post if/when Littell is named as coach! :D

I catch hell if I start a new thread on a topic that is being discussed on another thread.

Comment

Oops! If you catch hell, then I certainly should, too...consider me appropriately chastised. :(

Comment

Jim Littell would seem to be an outstanding candidate and their is absolutely nothing in his resume that I am aware of that would lead me to question his integrity. The ultimate decision on scholarships at OSU was made by HCKB. Jim Littell probably had some input in those decisions, although we don't know that for sure nor do we know what his input was. He may or may not have agreed with the ultimated decision made by HCKB. Jim Littell's contribution to those decisions is unknowable from my viewpoint.

I have no idea whether Jim Littell will the new Head Coach at WSU or not. I trust Jim Schaus will choose the best person available for the job.

The important thing is Jim was able to objectively evaluate the current situation and he made the right decision in ending Jane Abright's tenure despite the high cost of doing so, which is more his fault then Jane's. I'm sure the nearly empty Koch arena had a lot to do with Jim's decision.

Hopefully, we can find the right person to build a quality women's basketball program at WSU.

Comment

Regardless of who the new coach will be, he/she will have to hit the ground running with spring signing coming up, so I wonder if any interviews or meetings were conducted over the weekend???

Perhaps with the Big 12 tournament going on, might have been inconvenient, but it would have to happen pretty quickly. BTW, Kelly Bond, associate head coach is with the winning ATM team that beat OSU in the finals.

Comment

"Littell turned down a head coaching position on Monday, believed to be Wichita State..."

In the fast lane

Comment

Probably was, well then, going to my other 2 recommendations:

Jan Ross with Oklahoma (12 years experience)
              Kelly Bond with Texas A&M

What other suggestions do we have?

Jan's resume:
              Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Kelly's resume:

Texas A&M is a number 2 seed in the Women's Big Dance this year.

Comment

Well this is monumentally disappointing and frustrating.

Comment

It is dissapointing but not it is not a total surprise that he would choose to stay at OSU or has that been officially changed to Pickens State.

He probably is making as much or money at OSU as Associate Head Coach as he would as Head Coach at WSU and without the added stress and dealing with the press and public that goes with being the head coach.

The MVC just put its best team, Illinois Sstate, in the NCAA Tournament and received a 13 seed.

The Big XII put 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament.

Jim Littell apparently believes he has found his niche and will be happiest where he is at.

Comment

Another recommendation might be Travis Mays, assistant Coach with the LSU Lady Tigers.

Prior to LSU, he spent 3 years as an Assistant Coach to Judy Conradt at Texas, plus before he recruited for the San Antonio Silver Stars in 2002-2003.

He was quite a player for Texas, and played Pro and European ball.

The 2007 Lady Tigers were a Final Four team, and 2008 team is a #2 seed.

Comment

Is assistant Gillespie a serious candidate in anyone's mind?

Comment

Travis Mays coaching experience really does not exceed that of Mike Gillespie, although what experience he has is in the Women's game.

However, maybe we should go the young, energetic and something to prove route. Really, at this point what do we have to lose?

However, if a guy like Travis Mays is in the mix, them Mike Gillesspie could be in the mix also.

As TMH pointed out in an earlier post, most of us don't have a real good feel for what the universe of potential candidates is on the Women's side of College Basketball.

Jim Schaus, no doubt, had a short-list that he will work down. On to Choice #2.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Is assistant Gillespie a serious candidate in anyone's mind?

I like the guy a lot, but I will admit that I don't know that much about his history and I'm not sure what kind of fit he is....not only he for us but us for him.

He's a really good guy and quite the character but I get the feeling that he is not making long term plans around WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                            Probably was, well then, going to my other 2 recommendations:

Jan Ross with Oklahoma (12 years experience)
                            Kelly Bond with Texas A&M

What other suggestions do we have?

Jan's resume:
                            Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Kelly's resume:

Texas A&M is a number 2 seed in the Women's Big Dance this year.
                            Both look like interesting candidates to me.

Plenty of experience with strong, winning programs.

Comment

I don't not think that the administration will select a male candidate for the position.

It would not be politically correct and that is what Mr. $chau$ is all about.
                              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X