Lady Shocks vs Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks vs Northern Iowa

Good luck to the Lady Shocks and Coach Albright tonight against Northern Iowa.

I would like to see both Jane and our seniors enjoy at least one more victory.

It would also be nice to see the Shockers break two long losing streaks so we don't have to hear about them anymore. The Shocks have lost 24 consecutive road/nuetral site games and they have lost 19 straight to Northern Iowa.

The all-time series is now 28-24 in favor of UNI. How, they have managed to run off 19 consecutive wins against the Shocks is a little hard to believe.

MVC Freshman of the Year Jacqui Kalin dropped 27 on the Shocks in the last game, a 64-54 UNI victory in Wichita. If we can control Kalin we should have a good shot at winning.

:goshocks:

I too would like to see the Lady Shox get one more win for the seniors.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

if the shox don't win im giving my next pay check to kim jong (thats how much confidence i have for tonight)
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
        if the shox don't win im giving my next pay check to kim jong (thats how much confidence i have for tonight)
        Not bad.

But all I can say is Elliott Spitzer!

:D

Comment

Well if the Shocks are going to win this one it will take one terrific comeback.

UNI has jumped out to a 25-8 lead 11 minutes into the game.

:(

Comment

Shocks with maybe their worst half of the year trail by 28 at the half.

UNI 43 - Shocks 15.

Somewhat reminiscent of the 30-63 loss to UNI in Cedar Falls when the Shocks only scored 9 against UNI in the seocnd half -- however, we only lost that half by 17.

Jacqui Kalin has 14 (mostly early in the half) and Nicole Clausen 10 to lead UNI. So we have not contained Kalin as hoped.

No doubt UNI will try and rest their starters as much as possible in the 2nd half as they look forward to playing the #2 seed Evansville tomorrow.

For whatever reason, Jane's teams continue to be horrible away from the confines of Koch arena. Almost mind-boggling so.

What does a lame-duck Coach say at halftime of a game like this. Has to be a real atmosphere of resignation in that locker room.

I suppose the only positive spin I can put on this is the Jane and the team have validated Jim Schaus' decision to terminate Jane.

:shock:

Comment

wow! I'm shocked by the halftime score... I was joking as you know about my prediction but i thought they could really pull this one out and then maybe pull an upset or two and finish on a good note. I guess not, damn
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

A painful end to a painful season. Unfortunately, the program, from a strictly basketball standpoint, is in much worse shape than it was five years ago IMHO.

Whoever Jim Schaus does bring in to head up the program has quite a challenge facing him or her.

Nevertheless, best wishes to Kiki, Kyrie, Taylor and Alex in their future endeavors and thanks for giving your best for 4 years and for representing our university and community with class and dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Nevertheless, best wishes to Kiki, Kyrie, Taylor and Alex in their future endeavors and thanks for giving your best for 4 years and for representing our university and community with class and dignity.

Well said.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

The top 4 seeds are through to the Semi-Finals the MVC Women's Tournament.

I guess the nuetral site has worked as hoped in that regard.

Comment

#1 seed Illinois State moves into teh Championship game with a 68-60 win over #4 Creighton.

#2 Evansville leads #3 Drake in a less then scintillating performance by a score of 21-16 at the half.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        The top 4 seeds are through to the Semi-Finals the MVC Women's Tournament.

I guess the nuetral site has worked as hoped in that regard.
                        Isn't that pretty common in most of the women's tourneys?

Comment

Drake, behind Jill Martin, comes back to defeat Evansville 46-41 in a pretty ugly game.

Oklahoma State taking on Texas A&M in the Big XII Women's Championship game at 6:00 if you want to check out what Kurt Budke and Jim Littell have put together in 3 years.

Comment

Budke and Littell have indeed put a program together at Oklahoma State University. What most people are not probably aware of is that they got their "jump start" by CANCELLING scholarships of a number of players who were committed there....including Jacie Hoyt.
                            I would argue that this is no way to treat student-athletes.
                            If Jim Littell becomes the next WSU coach, I think that Shocker supporters should make it CLEAR that that practice would not be deemed acceptable here.

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
                              Budke and Littell have indeed put a program together at Oklahoma State University. What most people are not probably aware of is that they got their "jump start" by CANCELLING scholarships of a number of players who were committed there....including Jacie Hoyt.
                              I would argue that this is no way to treat student-athletes.
                              If Jim Littell becomes the next WSU coach, I think that Shocker supporters should make it CLEAR that that practice would not be deemed acceptable here.
                              I think it is perfectly acceptable if they are not anywhere near quality enough for D1. Jane couldn't recruit and settled for D2 or even lower level players. If a new coach comes in here and thinks he needs to make wholesale changes, then so be it. Like has been mentioned about the possibility of HCGM pulling scholarships so that better players can get here, if the coach is the one putting his tail on the line, and his job, then he is ultimately resposnsible for the decisions that are made.

As for the season ticket holders telling a coach that, I would't count on it. They haven't experienced winning for some time now and would probably welcome a much better team in here if that is what the coach does.

Comment

Working...
                              X