MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MADNESS

I am about to say some things that some of you might disagree with. I believe we may have hired one of the worst coaches ever when hiring Jane Albright.... Here is a coach that has already played all the players on the bench and still have 7 minutes left to go in the first half. You can not build any chemistry on a team rolling that many players in and out. Here is a coach that has mentally hurt some of her players on her team. Some nights they play 25 minutes and the next they play. THis is like gradeschool bball where everyone gets to play and who gives a darn about winning. This coach has some talent to work with this year, but obviously they lack in the chemistry section. Look at the to's every game...game after game. That is from poor coaching and chemistry problems. These ladies can not get on the same page because coach Albright is not sticking with a solid 7-8 players and throwing a few more in for a few minutes a game. Seriously, how the heck can you play all the players on the team and expect to have chemistry. I would like someone to tell me one team that has ever been successful by playing every player on the team. You do not see it happen in successful programs at all because it's not possible to get 12 players all on the same page. It's a shame that this college will have to pay her a substantial amount of money that she does not deserve to leave the program. I feel sorry for some girls on that team that deserve better than this. I have had enough of watching Jane Albright coach the way she has. All you critics can reply and make your comments about" if you think your so smart, you be the coach". Sudbeck gets sick and loses her starting spot to a post that didn't even see the floor last year. Yes, Bunton is aggressive on defense, but did not deserve that starting spot. Taylor Stevens being benched at the start of the year...unreal. Finally Jane smarts up and starts her again... If she would just stick with a solid 7-8 players, this team could turn things around. This isn't gradeschool where everyone plays.... What the heck do we practice for before the season starts....why do we play preseason games.... WHY, because a coach needs to figure out who were 7-8 solid players are going to be and stick with them. Last in the league this year... When are we all going to get real and realize that coach Albright has a few screws loose when it comes to coaching.

Re: MADNESS

Originally posted by shock20times
    I am about to say some things that some of you might disagree with. I believe we may have hired one of the worst coaches ever when hiring Jane Albright....
    You apparently have not been following this forum real closely! ;-)

Comment

well at least we played better tonight... errr wait we're getting blown out on the road again. Just not fun for the players/coaches/fans to watch. Some of the worst TO's i've ever seen were from the game tonight. Kiki was basically the only bright spot
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

BTW, I would point out one reason we played so many players in the first half is that the Shocks were in very deep foul trouble early and often.

Thank goodness, Evansville pulled most of their starters with about 10 minutes left in the game.

They could have pretty much named their score tonight if they had wanted to.

Comment

Thought I was watching the men`s game.

Jane should borrow some of Greg`s suits. :good:

Comment

Just when you think there might be a ray of light....wow! I noticved something on tv tonight that I had not thought much about until now....do our players seem out of shape possibly? They seem to look slower than they did at the beginning of the season...not trying to pick on them just wondering if among the many other problems this team is enduring if this could be another thorn in their side so to speak.

Comment

I would love to support the womens basketball program. However, my cardiologist demands that I limit my intake of turnovers to 15-20 per game and the men's team generally does a fine job of keeping me on the edge of arrhythmia as it is. Last night I watched the game for about 90 seconds. I was totally unprepared and barely made it to the defibrillator before it was too late. If all goes well, I should be safe to attend tonights game.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse performance. Unorganized, woefully out of shape, poorly prepared and totally uninspired. Evansville simply isn't that good.

If it wasn't against the law, and if not for the damage the other offices would have to endure, I'd say burn the program to the ground and start from scratch.

Wow.........that was a new level of awful I did not know existed.

Comment

and, yet, apparently, there is no one out there as good as jane to fix the problem(jane, paraphrased)....

i contend that there are 6 coaches in the city league, let alone jim littell, that can do a better job...

Comment

27 turnovers says it all. If a player can not take care of the ball, especially our guards, what does that say about our team.

Jane, needs to quit living in her little ivory tower, because reality is smacking her in the face.

I hope Schaus can admit to himself that he made an error in judgment, and get it corrected this spring. Jane is his Achilles heel.

Comment

Molly, if given a fair contract- Jim Littel would take this job in a heartbeat. I sometimes worry that JS might go elsewhere so that it is his pick and not a bunch of booster or web junkies. Too harsh?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
                      Molly, if given a fair contract- Jim Littel would take this job in a heartbeat. I sometimes worry that JS might go elsewhere so that it is his pick and not a bunch of booster or web junkies. Too harsh?
                      My opinion is that Jim Schaus is a bottom line type of guy. If he thinks Jim Littell is the best man for the job he will go after him. If he thinks someone else is better he will go after them. Jim will not be swayed yay or nay because of web junkies. Boosters, if influential, definitely have some impact as to whether Jane stays or goes, although maybe not so much who the replacement is. Right now though I do not know if the Women's BB program has any influential Boosters.

Comment

boyshocker, as you probably know, i'm the biggest jim littell fan here...and i would predict the following, if he were here:
                        *winning record, year 2
                        * ncaa tourney, year 3
                        * attendance of over 4,000 , year 3.

let the record state that molly has predicted! :D

Comment

Working...
                        X