Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim littell....

...needs to be here TOMORROW!!!!

this program is wallowing in mediocrity...no, actually, mediocrity would be a big step up.

pull the trigger, mr.schaus!

I so agree.....

Do you think anyone besides college students read this though?

Saturdays game....we're tied in the 1st half....and our starters are doing horrible. So we start them again 2nd half......will we ever play our best 5 players 30 minutes regardless if our coaches like them or not?

In the 2nd half also.....the other teams point guard makes 20 points and has 5 assists but we have everyone BUT our point guards guarding her.????? Do we practice defense? Or just preach it!

23 turnovers and 7 assists for a seasoned women's team.

Other Glaring stats.....Bunton plays 8 minutes and has 6 points. Sudbeck plays 22 minutes and gets 19 points and 7 rebounds.

Our 2 Seniors with Senioritis...have 3 points each but still one plays 20 minutes and the other plays 34 minutes.

Comment

Jane really needs to go. I hope Jim makes the move after this season but I doubt it.

Comment

I never thought she was a good pick to begin with. Had 1 fairly good year, but her overall coaching record was not impressive.

Very few women coaches have the intensity and tenacity to get the job done, of course, Tennessee and Texas would be exceptions to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          I never thought she was a good pick to begin with. Had 1 fairly good year, but her overall coaching record was not impressive.

Very few women coaches have the intensity and tenacity to get the job done, of course, Tennessee and Texas would be exceptions to that.
          Which, of course, is why 6 of the top ten teams in the country are coached by women, including the undefeated #1 team Duke :roll: (and the aforementioned Texas isn't even in the top 10).

Whatever you think of Jane, it is ridiculous to claim that her gender makes her less capable than a man to coach women's basketball. If you are going to make potentially sexist statements, you might want to make sure that they have at least a shred of evidence that your position is correct instead of relying on cheap, inaccurate stereotypes. (And I say this as a man).
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

i agree that jane's weakness as a coach has nothing to do with her being a woman...she'd be a bad coach as a man.

HOWEVER....it stands to reason that many if not most of the best womans hoops coaches are women, because it is highly unlikely for a man to get that job anymore.there are great women coaches...but there are also probably great men assistants who will never get the call...maybe as it should be.

Comment

Before anyone gets offended or overly PC ...
              1. Snapshot9 phrased a comment unwisely. Perhaps the intent was something like "Female coaches often do not appear to be as intense and 'in your face' as male coaches" - just a guess and I could be wrong.
              2. I would like to see a female be the coach of a good D1 men's team, assuming she was a good coach (independent of gender). Perhaps this would eliminate the "glass ceiling" arguments like
              Originally posted by molly jabali
              HOWEVER....it stands to reason that many if not most of the best womans hoops coaches are women, because it is highly unlikely for a man to get that job anymore.there are great women coaches...but there are also probably great men assistants who will never get the call...maybe as it should be.

Usage Note: Traditionally, gender has been used primarily to refer to the grammatical categories of "masculine," "feminine," and "neuter," but in recent years the word has become well established in its use to refer to sex-based categories, as in phrases such as gender gap and the politics of gender. This usage is supported by the practice of many anthropologists, who reserve sex for reference to biological categories, while using gender to refer to social or cultural categories. According to this rule, one would say The effectiveness of the medication appears to depend on the sex (not gender) of the patient, but In peasant societies, gender (not sex) roles are likely to be more clearly defined. This distinction is useful in principle, but it is by no means widely observed, and considerable variation in usage occurs at all levels. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gender
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

ok...you lost me...

Comment

jim

Jim would've been a great hire. He has strong Wichita roots (at least his wife does). And it is true, men definitely are at a disadvantage in the women's bball coaching game. It's too bad too. OK State had Jim wrapped up and went with a terrible unproven coach (Goodenough) instead and lost big time with some very good talent!

Comment

Working...
                  X