women shockers win one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women shockers win one!

It sure was nice to see the Shockers play well...and get a Valley win. Samantha Smith was a bright spot in particular (9 points and 6 rebounds in less than 15 minutes). Kiki was back to her offensive powerhouse self. The defense looked more like the good defense from non-conference games.
    Indiana State was a good team, too, having beaten Vanderbilt earlier this year.
    Maybe this program really will get turned around...and maybe Jim Littell will be able to continue with his excellent job in the Big 12 and won't have to come be the hero here?!?

Great win. Had a blast watching the victory. Can't wait until Sunday. Go Shocks

Comment

Re: women shockers win one!

Originally posted by trufan
      It sure was nice to see the Shockers play well...and get a Valley win. Samantha Smith was a bright spot in particular (9 points and 6 rebounds in less than 15 minutes). Kiki was back to her offensive powerhouse self. The defense looked more like the good defense from non-conference games.
      Indiana State was a good team, too, having beaten Vanderbilt earlier this year.
      Maybe this program really will get turned around...and maybe Jim Littell will be able to continue with his excellent job in the Big 12 and won't have to come be the hero here?!?
      It was nice to see some smiling faces in Koch Arena at the end of a game.

It has been awhile.

Not the prettiest game you will ever see (46 fouls called) but the Shocks really played a smart game in the 2nd half where they dominated on the inside.

I agree that the defense looked pretty good and the Shocks look like they took INS out of their normal offense. The also did a great job on Kelsey Luna who was only 3-12 from three (I believe she was the 2nd leading 3-point shooter in the MVC coming into the game).

Shocks also did a good job of handling the Sycamores pressure defense winning the turnover battle 14 (only 4 in the second half) to 22 for INS.

I agree that Samantha Smith looked very good in her 14 minutes and I also thought Jenn DeGarmo looked good in her 10 minutes. Jenn had 7 points and 3 rebounds. She was 2-4 (all 3-pointers) and the 2 she missed were close, one going about half-way down before popping out. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more minutes for these two ladies who look like they will be very solid players for the Shocks. Overall the Shock's bench outscored the Sycamore bench 26-5.

You could tell Kiki really wanted it at the end of the game.

The Shocks were clearly the better team last night and deserved the win. It was definitely their best effort on the home court this year.

Not sure I am ready to announce a turn around but Kudos to the Lady Shocks for bouncing back from the debacle at Northern Iowa. It is a positive that they are still playing hard and giving it their best effort.

It will be interesting to see how we fare against league-leading Illinois State on Sunday. Illinois State is 6-0 in the MVC and 16-1 overall.

Last night they trailed Missouri State by 10 with under 4:00 minutes to go in the 1st half they went on a 14-4 run to close out the half in a 40-40 tie then blitzed the bears 55-19 in the 2nd half to cruise to a 95-59 win.

Illinois State obviously has some offensive firepower so this will be very good test for the Shockers new defensive approach.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

No wonder i saw the pigs flying today.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well, we are have pork chops at our house tonight.

Comment

Personally, I enjoy the girls & watching them play, win or lose. I do prefer to win, but it won't stop me from attending games. So have your chops, I'll eat popcorn & enjoy the game.

Comment

Despite the loss sunday, the ladies continued to work hard and you can't ask much more than that really. I know people who refuse to go since Jane is still here, but that'll change in a couple of months. But, as long as the ladies keep competing and trying I'll keep going.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If nothing else it is worth watching the continued development of freshman Sam Smith and Jenn DeGarmo who look like they have the chance to be very good players, especially if we can add a couple of quality recruiting classes to the mix.

The Shocks probably have 3 or 4 more winnable games on the schedule beginning with Missouri State this next Saturday afternoon.

Not sure we have any games I can say we should win, but this is definitely a game we are capable of winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X