Lady Shocks in the 2023 WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks in the 2023 WNIT

As previously announced the Lady Shocks will play at K-State on Thursday at 6:00 pm in the 2023 WNIT.

The WNIT doesn't seem to be seeded at all with early round games assigned mostly on what appears to be a geographical proximity basis.

I an thinking the Shocks stay will be short-lived.

Kansas State finished the regular season 17-16 and 5-13 in the Big 12. The Wildcats defeated No. 4 Iowa back in November and No. 12 Iowa State during conference play. This will be the first meeting with the Wildcats since 2014, a matchup Wichita State won in Wichita. Kansas State leads the all-time series, 33-8.

Kansas State was 11-2 in their non-con season with a non-con SOS of 118. The Shocks were 10-3 with a non-con SOS of 321.

K-State defeated AAC member Houston 73-59 in the non-con portion of their season. The Shocks lot to Houston 55-62 in the final game of the regular season and 72-64 in the semifinals of the AAC Tournament.

K-State split with KU in their conference season losing 72-85 in Lawrence and winning 63-45 in Manhattan. The Shocks lost to KU in the non-con by 72-52.

Probably going to need an off-game by K-State and a good game by the Shockers similar to the Shockers win over USF in the AAC Tournament for the Shockers to be able to advance.

Don't tell me these folks don't have a sense of humor. If KU and Mizzou win....hello 2nd round matchup lol.

Comment

The Lady Shockers got exposed and embarrassed in Manhattan this evening.

KSU 90 - WSU 56

That will leave a mark.

Comment

Difference was 47 until KSU cleared the bench. Not expecting a win but should not get destroyed like that.

Comment

Ouch
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The Lady Shockers got exposed and embarrassed in Manhattan this evening.

KSU 90 - WSU 56

That will leave a mark.
            Wonder if we could get a 2 for 1 deal with the search firm…
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Well at least it happened on day 1 of the men's tournament so it probably will only be noticed by a handful of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

But she beat South Florida in some dumb luck tournament game so she's golden for another 5 years.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I watched a replay of the game tonight and the Shockers were simply overmatched in this game. K-State was taller and longer at pretty much every position, as well as more skilled especially shooting on the perimeter, more athletic, better BBIQ, and a better offensive scheme. The game actually was not as close as rhe final score would indicate. KSU lead 84-39 with 5 minutes to play as Shocks outscored the end of K-States bench 17-6 over the final 5 minutes.

Curtessia Dean was the only Shocker who competed and did not seem overwhelmed although I do think the Shocks played hard overall.

K-State was pretty impressive and played this year without a 6-6 All-American post player. They really do a good job with the spacing and ball movement and both got and made a lot of open looks from the perimeter. I can see them doing quite well in this tournament. They probably would have gone through the AAC this year undefeated.

I think it just shows the gap in women's basketball between the P-5's and the rest of the conferences continues to be quite wide, and the talent pool simply is not deep enough to think that is going to change anytime soon.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Just to be clear, we are hating on the ladies who made the post season for the first time since 2017?

It was a tough, cost efficient match up. Congrats to the Lady Shox on a step forward for the program.

Comment

Up next for K-State in the WNIT is Wyoming at Bramlage. The Shocks beat Wyoming 61-56 in the non-con. I have a feeling K-State will be advancing.

Comment

Memphis lost in the round of 16, but that's not all they lost.

Their coach resigned to take another job.

And their star player has been charged with assault for this punch in the handshake line after the loss to BGSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

And their star player has been charged with assault for this punch in the handshake line after the loss to BGSU.

https://www.localmemphis.com/article...2-1342453753b9
                          Nice way to clock out on your career.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Up next for K-State in the WNIT is Wyoming at Bramlage. The Shocks beat Wyoming 61-56 in the non-con. I have a feeling K-State will be advancing.
                            K-State did beat Wyoming 71-55 but that was not close to the beating they put on the Lady Shocks.

However, K-State lost to Washington in Seattle on Friday 48-55.

Comment

In the finals,

Columbia 59-66 Kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X