Shocker SB v #6/8 Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB v #6/8 Oklahoma State

The Cowgirls visit the Shockers for a single game at 6 pm on Wednesday.

Oklahoma State now have a record of 28-6. They are 6-0 in the Big 12, having swept Texas Tech and Baylor. They have five players with an OPS greater than 1.000, led by Miranda Elish (1.181) and Katelynn Carwile (1.144). The Cowgirl pitching staff has three primary pitchers. They are, in reverse-innings order, Morgan Day (ERA of 2.91 and WHIP of 0.96), Elish (2.22 and 1.14), and Kelly Maxwell (1.03 and 0.89).

The Shockers also have five players with an OPS above 1.000. Joining Sydney (1.557 and nine homers) and Addison (1.519 and eighteen homers) are Lauren, Neleigh, and Zoe. The pitching is what it is. In innings-order, Erin (4.51 and 1.66), Caitlin (5.37 and 1.82), and Alison (4.38 and 1.81).

EDIT: The ESPN Poll came out late. The Cowgirls are #7 in that one, making the two polls #6 and 7.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; April 5, 2022, 01:03 PM.

Just found out my niece and her softball team will be at Wilkins tonight for the game. Love seeing such things as it can only help grow the sport and interest in the sport and the team around here.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Just found out my niece and her softball team will be at Wilkins tonight for the game. Love seeing such things as it can only help grow the sport and interest in the sport and the team around here.
      Are they going to be in the stadium or did the rent the party deck in right field?

Comment

I don't know the answer to that. I was just checking in with my brother on her concussion status and he threw the tidbit about the team going to the game. I'll try to check in with him later and see if he has that answer.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I don't know the answer to that. I was just checking in with my brother on her concussion status and he threw the tidbit about the team going to the game. I'll try to check in with him later and see if he has that answer.
          Either way, as you say, good to see the Shockers attract the youth teams to their games.

Comment

I am going to miss all of this one. Have to scope out the LS and the ESPN+ report from 1972Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              I am going to miss all of this one. Have to scope out the LS and the ESPN+ report from 1972Shocker.
              Good chance that I will not see the ESPN+ stream until later this tonight.

Comment

Hanging tough.

Comment

Final: OSU 4 - WSU 1

Interesting that the bottom 3 in the order for the Shocks had all 3 hits and only 2 of the 11 strikeouts.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet. Maybe tomorrow evening. Did not seem like all that pleasant of an evening. Perhaps helped the pitchers although I don't know that the Cowgirls' ptichers need much help. On the surface, anyway, seems like the biggest positive for the Shocks tonight was the effort they got for Erin McDonald in the circle.

Hopefully, the Shocks figure out how to deal wth top notch pitching because they will probably see Georgina Corrick in all 3 games this weekend in Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                    X