Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the schaus short list

jim littell

ok, ok,i know that there are other good coaches out there who could turn this train wreck around...give me some!

Coach Gillepsie (sp) asst. coach. I hear the team greatly respects him, just not given much responsibilities. JA does not delegate very well, this is her ship and it is sinking fast.

Comment

I'd listen to boyshocker.

Comment

I remember thinking when he was hired, "So, Jane is hiring her own replacement?"

Comment

I'm with boyshocker as well. I think he takes over as soon as the season is finished.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

that would indeed be wierd.....

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I'm with boyshocker as well. I think he takes over as soon as the season is finished.
              At this rate, we might get to see an interim hc for the program.

Comment

That thought had crossed my mind...
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Only if she resigns. I don't anticipate Schaus to pull the plug mid-season, unless he's prepared to name Gillespie the new HC right away.

Comment

Couldn't happen soon enough. I think JA is a great person, probably would be a great hire withing the athletic dept. I just want some fire back into this program.
                    Is this the only program JS have that is still struggling?

Comment

I agree RS. Especially if they continue to play as poorly as they have I could see a little pressure put on her to resign, or maybe should do it on her own. Either way, I expect to see Gillespie named the next head coach.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Hiring Mike Gillespie would be a little bit of a risk since he has a pretty thin resume, especially when compared to a Jim Littell.

Mike has 10 years of coaching experience at the D-1 level, all on the men's side, all as an assistant and none at a Big Time program.

He may prove to be a great hire, but I wonder if he doesn't need a little more seasoning.

What about this. We bring in Jim Littell who retains Mike as his top assistant.

We get a guy with a great resume and allow Mike a chance to continue to grow in the Women's game under a Coach with a proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I remember thinking when he was hired, "So, Jane is hiring her own replacement?"
                          I remember thinking the same thing.

Comment

Don't know either one personally but how loyal would he be. I would think Jim would like to bring in his own people, it is his neck on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
                              Don't know either one personally but how loyal would he be. I would think Jim would like to bring in his own people, it is his neck on the line.
                              That may very well be the case, although one of his own people is now his boss and the head coach at OSU so that eliminates one guy.

Mike is just starting his transition from men's to women's basketball. If he is interested in pursuing women's coaching as a career he might welcome the chance to learn from a seasoned mentor. I would not expect him to be any more or less loyal than he has been to Jane.

Would Jim be interested in having Mike on his staff. I have no idea. Maybe, maybe not.

I have no idea whether either one of these gentlemen is on Jim Schaus' short list or if JS even has a short list at this point. I suspect he is at the very least starting to work on one, unless the Gillespie promotion is a done deal.

One thing you can not count on me for is any inside information. I am strictly small potatoes on the outside looking in so anything I post is pure speculation.

Comment

Working...
                              X