2021 NCAA SB Regionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don’t know how good BCCC is, but if HCB wants to continue at a high level, she needs to replace her players who are leaving. She may not want to recruit over her young players but pitching looks very weak next year.
    They are 47-2, ranked #2 in the nation. They lead the country in Team ERA as well as a bunch of offensive categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't think they have announced any signings in the class of 2021.
      She signed 8 high schoolers out of the Class of 2020 but did not lose any seniors from the 2020 roster due to the Covid situation. They all came back this year for the redo.

Of those 8 signees only Addison Barnard and Camryn Compton played much this year. Here is the list of the signees which I believe is the last group of signees reported:

Jessica Garcia was used as a pinch-hitter often earlier in the season. Jordyn Pipkin is the only recruit on the list with any pitching background with the comments indicating that she is a work-in-progress in the circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

They are 47-2, ranked #2 in the nation. They lead the country in Team ERA as well as a bunch of offensive categories.
        Thanks. I was about to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Where are their top players headed to for D-1 softball? Just curious where they are ending up.

Comment

Where are their top players headed to for D-1 softball? Just curious where they are ending up.
            https://www.butlergrizzlies.com/spor...ey_Have_Signed

Don't know about any of this year's class. Looks like they have 1 sophomore pitcher that tops the others. Several position players have real good stats, but this is against other JUCO competition.

Noticed one player went to Liberty a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

https://www.butlergrizzlies.com/spor...ey_Have_Signed

Don't know about any of this year's class. Looks like they have 1 sophomore pitcher that tops the others. Several position players have real good stats, but this is against other JUCO competition.

Noticed one player went to Liberty a couple of years ago.
              I think they are waiting after the World Series to decide, but most, if not all of their freshmen, are in play as well.

Comment

• RH: "A Fun Ride This Year."

"I'm so excited for the future of the program," Perrigan said. "These girls would die for Shocker softball. They're so invested."

Comment

It does appear that they do send players to Division I but it doesn't seem they are prepared when they get there. (There could be some exceptions to that.)

I think they are more interested in winning the NJCAA National Championship then preparing their players for the next level.

Comment

• I am never sure if these articles from the Eagle are readable by non-subscribers but here goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      I am never sure if these articles from the Eagle are readable by non-subscribers but here goes.
                      I’m not a subscriber, but was able to read the article... thanks!
                      Last edited by WstateU; May 24, 2021, 05:57 PM.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post

It does appear that they do send players to Division I but it doesn't seem they are prepared when they get there. (There could be some exceptions to that.)

I think they are more interested in winning the NJCAA National Championship than preparing their players for the next level.
                        I have never thought of this as a preparedness issue, but a talent issue. Moving from high-level juco ball to D-I ball is still a huge step. I could name a recent example from this area who was a star at Butler, but did not do much at her D-I program, a program probably not as talented as the Shockers. I could, but I won't. Occasionally, there is a late bloomer or someone who is just overlooked, but those are rare exceptions in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’m not a prescriber, but was able to read the article... thanks!
                          I found the thoughts from Coach Gasso (which also appear in the RH article) that "You wuz robbed!" to be heartening. She didn't have to do that.

Comment

I think they are more interested in winning the NJCAA National Championship then preparing their players for the next level.
                            You sound like Todd Butler.

Comment

I have no knowledge to say whether this is accurate or not...but you say that last sentence like it’s a bad thing. Isn’t the point to win titles?

I remember reading Rick Barnes once saying the opposite (he’d rather see guys live their NBA dreams than to win a natty), and I was kinda annoyed by it.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I have no knowledge to say whether this is accurate or not...but you say that last sentence like it’s a bad thing. Isn’t the point to win titles?

I remember reading Rick Barnes once saying the opposite (he’d rather see guys live their NBA dreams than to win a natty), and I was kinda annoyed by it.
                                Almost the only time this person posts is when BCC softball is brought up. Not real sure what their angle is but it is quite obvious there are sour grapes in their diet.

Comment

Working...
                                X