We need a Softball forum....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a Softball forum....

The lady shocks are a top 25 program this year, how about throwing them a bone?

Also, how in the world do we come up with the money to keep Kristi? This season isn't a one hit wonder but now that we are ranked, she is going to get even more press.

Yes, I agree. The one softball thread a year should not be lost in the clutter of the other single threads for the three other sports.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Yes, I agree. The one softball thread a year should not be lost in the clutter of the other single threads for the three other sports.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        I don't know, I count 18 softball threads from this year on the first page. It would make it easier to follow the program.

Comment

We’re a softball school now Kung Wu

Comment

We’re an Esports school also with a team full of heavy hitters’...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              We’re an Esports school also with a team full of heavy hitters’...

Now I could get behind an esports forum
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Time to par-tay…

Comment

Time to par-tay…

This is awesome! The ladies deserve support and having a little extra room isn't bad. Plus it could add a cool environment/vibe for those there.

I'm really curious how this years team performs. They had a damn good season and I know there were some young contributors, but we did lose some major talent as well. Hopefully Kristi keeps it up. Would love to see them become a more consistent top 25 team and continue to build.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Time to par-tay…

Well, this is nice, but it is time to tear down Wilkins and build a serious softball stadium - the kind you see ESPN a lot. Hit up the big'uns that support MBB and shame them (if you have to) into supporting a women's sport.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Well, this is nice, but it is time to tear down Wilkins and build a serious softball stadium - the kind you see ESPN a lot. Hit up the big'uns that support MBB and shame them (if you have to) into supporting a women's sport.
                      So what would a serious softball stadium have? Covered seating, stands built into a bowl made of concrete, better concessions?

Just curious cause I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

So what would a serious softball stadium have? Covered seating, stands built into a bowl made of concrete, better concessions?

Just curious cause I dunno.
                        Those. Bigger, elevated press box. Bigger dugouts. Better onsite practice amenities. Possibly all of the seating is not covered and probably not as many seats as a Florida or Alabama. A berm?

Probably connected to the indoor facility adjacent to baseball.

Others may have other ideas.

Comment

Not expecting a new stadium anytime soon. But if and when we get to that point I would prefer as little covered seating as possible. The last thing we need during the college softball season in Wichita, Kansas is more shade. More wind breaks yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            ... when we get to that point ...
                            I understand. The program is at the point of deserving, but due to circumstances, not at the point of getting.

Good point about the covered stands. The last time I checked, we are not in Florida or Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              I understand. The program is at the point of deserving, but due to circumstances, not at the point of getting.
                              I guess you never know when a wealthy patron might decide that they would want their family name on something at Wichita State and pony up enough to kick off a fund raising campaign.

Comment

Working...
                              X