No announcement yet.

Shocker WBB 2020-2021 Offseason/Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listened to HCKA's post-South Dakota game interview tonight. Her comments pretty much mirrored what I said above althought she probably wasn't as diplomatic. She was not pleased. She said offensively the team is just a mess right now and it is frustrating. She said they have no flow on offense. She's right but can she fix it?

She said with 23 turnovers and 10-21 from the line she can't believe the only lost by 8. Lucky they did not lose by 28 to this team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

DJ McCarty did do much in the 1st half but did score 5 points in the 2nd half including the play of the game on in bounds play under the basket. It is a play I have seen he execute before. The Shocks weren't really getting open and a defender had her back to DJ. DJ bounced the ball off the defender's back, stepped in bounds, grabbed the ball and dropped it in the basket. However, the official scorekeeper only gave her credit for the basket. DJ did not get an assist on the play.
      This was especially nifty because there were, what? Two seconds on the shot clock?

Comment

The women's basketball conference opener between Wichita State and Tulsa that was scheduled for Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN+ has been postponed due to COVID-19 related issues within the Wichita State program.

The date and game time of the rescheduled matchup between the teams will be announced at a later date.

Tulsa opened its season this past Sunday with a 69-62 win over Oklahoma State so they may be better than the AAC coaches predicted. Although hard to now know whether teams are at full strength in any given game this season.

Based on the box score looks like both teams had pretty much full rosters available. Tulsa was 8-16 from three including 4-5 from a freshman guard, OSU was 1-15 from three. Statistically that appears to be the key factor in the outcome of the game.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 16, 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The Lady Shocks game that was scheduled at Tulane this past Saturday and tomorrow night's game at home against SMU have also been postponed due to Covid issues in the Lady Shocks program.

Comment

I wonder what this is about . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              I wonder what this is about . . .

I was just going to ask about this...

Comment

Apparently the two things that won't be forthcoming this year are what was in the investigative report on Gregg Marshall and any details involving Covid-19 related issues.

Comment

She gone.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    She gone.
                    ?

I see that 6-3 So. Ashlei Kirven, who had been indefinitely suspended, is not longer on the roster so I guess she gone.

Also, 6-1 freshman Emani Jenkins was last reported as returning home to Dallas for personal reasons and it was unknown whether or not she would return. She is also no longer listed on the roster so looks like she gone as well.

The Shocks have added 5-8 G Mariah McKinney to its roster. Mariah is an East High graduate and played the 2018-19 season at Fort Scott CC. Doesn't look like she played anywhere last year.

My guess is a walk-on added for practice depth.

I don't know if Carla Budane, the 6-0 Freshman F from Portugal, has arrived yet or not. She wasn't here during the 1st semester. Still listed on the roster.

Additional Comment: Another player that is no longer on the roster is 5-8 Jr. G Rachel Johnson who was 2nd on the team in scoring average and looked like she would be a key component this year. According to an article in the Eagle she as just not happy at Wichita State.

Sounds like it has just been a mess of a year for the Lady Shocks.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 30, 2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X