Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bossdawg1305 View Post
    Herring hurt?
    Don't know. I do sense that the defense on the field against Drake is a stronger defense with the possible exception of adding LoJo to the outfield.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Don't know. I do sense that the defense on the field against Drake is a stronger defense with the possible exception of adding LoJo to the outfield.
      Age old question I guess, defense or offense more important?

Comment

Originally posted by Bossdawg1305 View Post

Age old question I guess, defense or offense more important?
        And maybe Neleigh is nicked up a bit. And maybe Sydney N has shown some progress in practice with the bat lately and earned an opportunity. And maybe ... Yes, lots of possible factors. We will soon see what lineup is used today.

Comment

Other Sunday Game

Kansas City 8-7 Drake
          The Roos scored two in the top of the seventh and held on.

Comment

Game Five

Shockers at Kansas

Caitlin is in the circle, and there are changes in the lineup. Bailey U, who has been in a bit of slump (she is 0-10 this weekend), is sitting and Bailey is in right. Neleigh is the DP with Ryleigh, Sydney and Sydney N at their "new" positions. Goff is in the circle for Kansas.

Bailey and Butters walk in the Shocker first but no runs cross. Walk, sac bunt, double for one run and home run for two more. The Jayhawks have a quick 3-0 lead.

Neleigh leads off the second for the Shocks with a double, and Wylie homers two outs later. 3-2 after 2.

Bailey's bunt single and Bailee's home run give the Shocks the lead in the third. 4-3.

Caitlin cannot stand prosperity. An error scores two runs and a Jayhawk homer scores three more. Bailey is on to pitch and Bailey U enters the game in right field. The first batter Bailey faces homers. Kansas leads 9-4 after three.

With a Jayhawk pitching change after Bailee's home run, the Shockers have to battle back against a new arm. Wylie walks, advances on a wild pitch and scores on Sydney's single. After Butters walks, a double by Bailee drives in another run. 6-9 after four. It's a start.

Kansas scores a run in the fifth. 6-10 and on to the sixth.

After Sydney leads off with a single, KU makes another pitching change. Bailey hits into a DP, but Butters homers. 7-10 after six.

Nothing happening in the seventh.

Shockers 7-10 Kansas

Enough hitting, but not enough pitching. Bailey was adequate (two runs and four hits over 3.2 innings), but when Caitlin loses it, it tends to go quickly (seven earned runs on nine hits over 2.1 innings). Sydney and Bailee each had two hits among the nine hits for the Shocks. Bailee, Wylie, and Butters all homered.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; March 8, 2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Bailey Lange seems to be pitching a little better lately. Unfortunately, Caitlyn seems to be struggling now.

Shocks are hitting the ball okay but too often the pitching staff is just not able to keep the opponent under control. They have allowed 8 or more runs in 11 games so far this year.

Comment

The RPI should start appearing soon, maybe another week. I will be curious. I think it will be a number far less than our hopes and expectations - a number far less than the 58 at the close of last year.

Comment

Below is a link to the projected RPI from a D1 softball users group which is projected using the same formula the NCAA uses. It's an early season projection based on games played thru 3/2/2020. WSU 138 thru week 4, 126 thru week 3 and 118 thru week2. There should be a week 5 out tomorrow or Tuesday. NCAA normally comes out after week 6.

Week 4
                  https://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com...4-rpi-10445154

Week 3 Projected

https://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/week-3-rpi-10439471

Link to Robocoach site

Last edited by wsunet; March 8, 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The first official RPI is out, a week earlier than normal.

The Shockers are last of the AAC teams at 122.

The rest of the RPI from the conference are

7 - UCF
                    34 - Houston
                    39 - USF
                    51 - UConn
                    69 - Tulsa
                    86 - East Carolina
                    106 - Memphis

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      The first official RPI is out, a week earlier than normal.

The Shockers are last of the AAC teams at 122.

The rest of the RPI from the conference are

7 - UCF
                      34 - Houston
                      39 - USF
                      51 - UConn
                      69 - Tulsa
                      86 - East Carolina
                      106 - Memphis
                      I would give you a like for that post except nothing to like about it. But thanks for the info (I think).

Comment

Working...
                      X