Women's Basketball Completes Signing Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Basketball Completes Signing Class

Looks like the 2006 Signing Class is completed with another solid recruit.

WICHITA, Kan.- Wichita State head coach Jane Albright has completed her 2006 signing class with the addition of Olathe South forward Jadhon Kerr, who will join the Shockers for the 2007-08 season.

She has some pretty impressive awards. Seeing how this is the only post WSU has signed, I think it would be safe to assume that Kerr is Kiki's future replacement.

The signing class ends with 6'-3" Samantha Smith, 6'-1" Jennifer DeGarmo, and 6'-1" Jadhon Kerr. It appears that WSU is growing, which will present some serious match-up issues with MVC teams.

Here are some articles on Kerr:

With 11 of its top 12 players back from last year's 21-4 team, OLATHE SOUTH (Sunflower) is loaded to defend its undefeated Sunflower League title from last year. Junior 6-footer Jadhon Kerr is one of the top post players in the state and averaged 16.6 ppg last year, while five other returners averaged at least 4.6 ppg to give the Falcons plenty of weapons. South finished fourth last year, having its title run ended by eventual champ Blue Valley North.

Jadhon Kerr of Olathe South High School in Olathe and Robert Morton of El Dorado High School in El Dorado were honored as state winners based on their outstanding achievements in athletics, academics and community service. Both of these students embody the spirit of the Heisman tradition through hard work and dedication on and off the field.

Teams have to focus a tight zone to hound the Falcon’s best player, possibly the best in Kansas, sophomore center Jadhon Kerr. “I thought our game plan to start the game was unbelievable,” Junction City coach Kelly Moylan said. “We did a great job in the first half on Kerr.” Kerr made 9 out of 10 second-half shots to finish with the game-high of 22 points and grabbed nine rebounds.

Jadhon’s Team Photo:

There were some other little AAU/High school articles that compared Jadhon Kerr's talent to other Kansas players such as Shalee Lening, Ashley Sweat, and Joann Hamlin. Albright called her an "Elite-Athlete," only time will tell.

WSU will be complete if the team can land an "Elite" shooting guard next year. They have landed some good guards with a lot of upside but none have been consistent.

Impressive recruit. Jane is stockpiling talent that she can work with. I really believe that we are going to be in contention for the MVC title year and year out under Albright.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
      Impressive recruit. Jane is stockpiling talent that she can work with. I really believe that we are going to be in contention for the MVC title year and year out under Albright.
      I hope you are right. At this point I do think we need to upgrade the quality of our guards. Maybe a little bigger, little stronger, and with better scoring talents.

It would be very helpful if we could attract a Melanie Boeglin or Kari Koch quality of guard. Even a kid like Sarah Klaassen out of Whitewater would be a nice get.

That said, our current crop of guards can now make me eat these words!
      I hope they do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        Originally posted by tgcshock
        I hope you are right. At this point I do think we need to upgrade the quality of our guards. Maybe a little bigger, little stronger, and with better scoring talents.

It would be very helpful if we could attract a Melanie Boeglin or Kari Koch quality of guard. Even a kid like Sarah Klaassen out of Whitewater would be a nice get.

That said, our current crop of guards can now make me eat these words!
        I hope they do.
        I'm not worried about our guards. Most of them are underclassmen or just became upperclassmen this year, so we have yet to see them in their prime.

I think that Jayce has the pedigree to be that good. Whiteny can be if she plays under control. I am a big fan of Taylor. Kyrie played well in the Hofstra game, and came up big in some games last year. Vathauer is a dead-eye shooter.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I would like to see Jane try to utilize Vathauer more in certain situations, especially against zone defenses. She certainly looks like she can stroke the trey ball.

Taylor is a Junior now and Whitney has a full year of starting under her belt. So I'm not sure we still need to use the youth card there.

I like Kyrie Kinder a lot. She provides great energy and hustle off of the bench and is pretty versatile.

Jaycie is still an open book and deserves a lot more time to get back on her game.

However, overall I stand by my earlier comments and continue to hope I have to eat my words.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

I would like to see Jane try to utilize Vathauer more in certain situations, especially against zone defenses. She certainly looks like she can stroke the trey ball.

Taylor is a Junior now and Whitney has a full year of starting under her belt. So I'm not sure we still need to use the youth card there.

I like Kyrie Kinder a lot. She provides great energy and hustle off of the bench and is pretty versatile.

Jaycie is still an open book and deserves a lot more time to get back on her game.

However, overall I stand by my earlier comments and continue to hope I have to eat my words.

We can't use the youth card for this season's preformance, but we also won't find out how good they will be as upperclassmen/more experienced players until we have seen more than 1 regular season game.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

That's a valid point. See you at the VB matches this weekend.

Comment

That's a valid point. See you at the VB matches this weekend.

See you there, and hopefully 3,000 or so others a match. :posterwu:

Comment

Kerr made Class 6A 2nd team all state and Smith made Class 5A 3rd team all state. Not bad but needs to be better in order to move up.

Comment

Another

Looks like Albright and staff added a guard from Arkansas.

Head coach Jane Albright and the Wichita State women's basketball program have announced the signing of East Poinsett County (Ark.) High School guard Sade Madden to a National Letter-of-Intent to play at WSU, Albright announced today.

Comment

Sade (Shaw-day) Madden sounds pretty good. 5'9" guard with good stats and High School history. My only concern would be that she comes from a 2A High School, and gearing it up for competition at the D1 College level.

I just feel more assured when players are recruited from the 5A or 6A High School levels, because I know they have experienced a higher competition level.

Comment

Jadhon Kerr :yes:
                        ~ShockerShow~ :P
                        GET LOUD n' GET SOME
                        ShockerNet's Most Wanted

Comment

Is anyone predicting a top two finish in the MVC next year for WSU WBB? Recruits are nice but isn't team performance more important and winning the MVC title the goal? How many more bad seasons will Albright be allowed?
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Until I see something significant to change my mind, I am picking them to finish around 6th or 7th.

I have know idea how much rope Jim will allow Jane. My guess is if the Lady Shocks finish around 0.500 and in the middle of pack in the MVC that she will be retained for another year.

Comment

I think WSU should reward the successful programs (volleyball, baseball, track & field, golf, bowling, etc.) and fix the unsuccessful programs (e.g. WBB). If the fix requires a new coach, then get a new coach.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X