Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shockerfanmas
    commented on 's reply
    What are the chances if they don't get an NCAA at-large, that they accept a bid to the NISC? I guess it is equivalent to the NIT in basketball

• flyingMoose
    replied
    Due to a continuous pattern of inclement weather, the 2019 American Softball Championship will not be completed.

Per American Athletic Conference policy, USF, as the highest remaining seed, will be awarded the American's automatic bid to the NCAA Championship

bit.ly/2WBsd2p

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    The AAC Tournament has been cancelled and will not be completed. USF as the highest remaining seed will receive the AAC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

Most likely the Lady Shockers' season is over. Everything considered I think the Shocks had a pretty decent year.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Right now the AAC scoreboard is showing the WSU - USF scheduled to start at 7:00 pm.

• flyingMoose
    replied
    The completion of Game Four between Houston and UConn is scheduled to begin at 430pm CT here on a Saturday with the Semifinal games to follow.

And then 90 minutes later, it is decided the games will not start at 430pm.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 11, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Semifinal Action to Resume Saturday Afternoon

The 2019 American Softball Championship will resume on Saturday afternoon with the completion of the final quarterfinal matchup and the two semifinal contests.

The Championship game has been moved to Sunday at 11 a.m. ET/10 a.m. CT. All remaining games will be carried live on the American Digital Network.

The final quarterfinal matchup between No. 3 Houston and No. 6 UConn was suspended due to severe weather in the Houston area on Thursday night in the top of the fifth inning with the Cougars leading 3-2.

Following the completion of that contest, the first semifinal between No. 1 USF and No. 4 Wichita State will be played at 2:30 p.m. CT, followed by the second semifinal between No. 7 ECU and the Houston/UConn winner at 6 p.m. ET/5 p.m. CT.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Semifinal Action Postponed Friday

Due to severe weather in the Houston area overnight and a forecast for further inclement weather, Friday's scheduled games of the 2019 American Softball Championship have been postponed.

The conference office, in coordination with the University of Houston, will continue to monitor the conditions and will have further updates as they become available.

Leave a comment:

• flyingMoose
    replied
    Game Three

ECU 4-3(8) Tulsa
    Three of the four Pirate runs were unearned as Tulsa committed four errors. The #2 seed is gone, although I still think they will get an NCAA bid.

Game Four

UConn 2-3 Houston (suspended in the top of the fifth)
    The game is to resume at 1pm Friday.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Great article on LA.

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Neleigh's game winner:

Leave a comment:

• flyingMoose
    replied
    RH article about Laurie

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Just got home from my grandson's track meet in Pretty Prairie. I am chilled to the bone. I checked on the game once and UCF had just tied the game at 1. After that I was too cold to check. Very glad to see the Shocks survive and advance.

Looks like the bottom of the order plus Erin's work in the circle were just enough to get by.

No doubt the Shocks will see Corrick tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• flyingMoose
    replied
    Game Two

Erin is in the circle for the Shockers against UCF.

The Shocks get on the board in the second. With two outs, singles by Adi, Wylie and Sydney score a run.

UCF ties the game in the fifth with a solo home run.

The singles in the second are the only hits for the Shockers through the first five innings.

With two outs in the sixth, the Knights load the bases with a walk, single and walk before Erin gets a fly out to end the inning.

In the bottom half, Neleigh homers with one out. Lauren follows with a single, but the Shocks cannot move her pinch-runner around. 2-1 Shockers after six.

In the seventh, a pop-up, strikeout (from a 3-0 count), and another strikeout (both looking) seal the deal.

Shockers 2-1 UCF

Not much offense (five hits), but Erin holds the Knights in check, giving up six hits and three walks with five strikeouts.

Watching the Replay: Neleigh hit a bomb for her home run. The UCF pitcher left the ball in the middle of the plate, and Neleigh did not miss it. The three Shocker singles in the second were more well-placed than well-hit.

Post-season play for the NCAA is using four umpires for the first time, and there are four for this conference tournament.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 9, 2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flyingMoose
    replied
    Game One

USF 8-0(6) Memphis
    Corrick pitches a one-hitter with nine strikeouts.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Ryleigh is a junior. Only seniors are Laurie, Asea, Mauriana and Bethany.
Working...
X