Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    ... need to get Ryleigh right ...
    You may recall that Ryleigh initially committed to UCF. However, she had a condition where she can have dizzy spells. This is something (it may have a name - not taking time to go back to the archives) that she has had for some time and has "managed" during her playing days. UCF, however, would not give her a clearance to play there, so she came to Wichita State instead.

Friday she took a ball to the helmet or chin, something along those lines. I think she is probably still dealing with that. She was dropped to eighth in the order on Saturday, and I suspect it was related to the Friday incident.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that info. Obviously a concussion was ruled out. Hopefully, few days of rest will help her if that is, in fact, what going on.

OTOH, Ryleigh hit .367 (36-98) over the first 25 games of the season but over her last 20 games she is hitting .320 (12-60). So she has been struggling for a while now. Whether that has anything to do with her condition that was an issue at UCF is impossible for me to know.

The one thing we do know is she is struggling. I thought today she played like she was lacking self-confidence.

• flyingMoose
      flyingMoose commented
      Editing a comment
      At Saturday's game, I heard her grandfather say that she could not see the ball when she struck out on Friday after the ball hit her. I wonder if the ball is a ball of fuzz right now. Mauriana at second and Sydney back to third is the only option that I can think of if Ryleigh has to sit. Ryleigh struck out all three times today, but I have not looked at Yurview to see how bad it looked.

McDonald, Perrigan Collect Weekly Honor Roll Spots

Erin McDonald and Madison Perrigan have been selected for the final American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll after strong weekend performances against No. 25 USF.
    The duo helped Wichita State win two of three from the conference champion No. 25 USF Bulls over the weekend, snapping their 15-game conference win streak.

McDonald made two starts and one relief appearance in the circle and finished with a 2-1 record. The Norman, Okla., native recorded a 0.47 ERA, while allowing only eight hits and one run in 15.0 innings of work. She struck out eight batters and walked only three. In the series opener, McDonald came in and shut down USF in the final 3.0 innings, before Lauren Mills' walk-off solo home run in the bottom of the 8th. She followed that with a one-hitter shutout in the Shockers' 10-0 run-rule of USF on Saturday.

Perrigan hit .556 (5-for-9) with two home runs, a double, four RBI and five runs scored in the series. Her 1st inning two-run home run tied the game at 2 after USF put a pair of runs on the board in the top of the 1st. On Saturday the junior catcher was perfect at the plate, going 3-for-3 with another home run, two RBI and three runs scored.

For McDonald, this is her third weekly honor of the season and second for Perrigan.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 6, 2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you Seniors. You have represented Shocker Nation with Class, Superb Effort and Great Leadership:

Laurie Anne Derrico

Asea Webber

Mauriana Jamele

Bethany Canda

Comment

Working...
      X