Fr. Shyia Smith 5-11 F
    Fr. Trajata Colbert 6-2 F/C
    Fr. Jada Hampton 5-10 G/F
    Fr. Carla Bremaud 5-11 SG
    Fr. Jada Peacock 5-8 CG
    Fr. Dawnyel Lair 5-8 PG
    Fr. Seraphine Bastin 5-8 PG
    Fr. Natalia Ryng 5-10 SF

The official roster is now up on goShockers sans pictures of the newcomers. I have edited the heights I had listed to the official roster. Jada Hamption lost 2 inches in height, Jada Peacock, Ashely Reid, Shyia Smith and Natalia Ryng lost 1 inch each whicle Dawnyel Lair and Sepahine Bastin picked up an inch.

In any case, we have picked up quite a bit more size at the guard position which was needed. We have about the same size as last year in the inside but replacing the offensive production of Rangie and Angiee will be difficult. Hopefully, the guards and the wings will be able to help with that.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 16, 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

WSU Ewa Laskowska‏ @CoachEwa
      Meet your new ⁦@GoShockersWBB⁩ team!

1:58 PM - 17 Aug 2018

I can see I will probalby need to buy a program this year.

Row 1 (starting closest to the camera): Cesaria, Shyia, Seraphine, Ashley, Natalia and Sabrina

Row 2: Carla, Alyssia, Dawnyel, Jada and Trajata

Row 3: Jaida, Maya, Asia and Raven

At least that's my best shot at putting names with faces at this point.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 18, 2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• New2Wu
        New2Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Switch Ashley and Maya on your list and you've got them covered

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I wasn't too sure about those two.

Nm.

Last edited by WuDrWu; August 19, 2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

The Shocks non-con schedule is out. Kind of a mixed bag. I would say 7 good opponents and 6 not-so-good opponents. Probably about as tough as you would want considering the inexperience and youth of this Shocker team.

The 13-game slate includes 10 home games, two neutral site contests and a road matchup. Television information and the American Athletic Conference schedule will be released at a later date.

Comment

Looks like Rangie Bessard will be playing pro ball in Slovenia. I have to believe the international connections that this coaching staff has overseas was beneficial to Rangie. Good luck Rangie.

Congrats to former Shocker Rangie Bessard on signing her first pro contract in Slovenia! Good luck and #GoGetIt Rangie!

5:20 PM - 28 Aug 2018

Comment

Coach Ewa had a twitter post that linked to a blog post about Natalia Ryng's first impressions of coming to Wichita from Poland. The blog post was in Polish but I was able to have Google translate it. It doesn't translate perfectly but you can still follow most of it.

Here is a link to that blog post. When it opens hopefully you will be given an option to translate the blog (hopefully). Click on the translate button and you should be good to go:

https://nataliaryng.wordpress.com/20...wsze-wrazenia/

Here are some excerpts:

After 17h travel ... I finally landed in the right place! The first exit to the court was a shock for me. Warm air, full sun and a specific aroma associated with warm countries. A charming town, certainly reflecting its charm. The first thing I paid attention to is the size of what surrounds me: huge cars, high beds and that amount of food.

The most positively surprised me here is the culture of this city and the entire campus. Every employee you meet, regardless of whether he knows you, will ask you about today and help him without any problems. Being in the mall every time I checked the cash register, I was asked about my well-being. Can you imagine such a situation in Tesco or Lidl?

What did the first trainings look like ? It was such a big experience and everything happened so fast that the only thing I remember is my thoughts about buying an oxygen bottle. I admit that I was stressed, but the right atmosphere and support quickly dispelled all doubts.

I want to explore the world. Perhaps that's why I'm here where I am. The adventure has just begun, and I already feel it will be fun.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 3, 2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Wichita State WBB‏ @GoShockersWBB 2 hours ago

Get to know one of our seniors @SLozCabb_25 in this week's Go Get It in a Minute.

Comment

Another Blog post by Natalia Ryng.

Again you will need to click on Translate unless, of course, you are fluent in Polish.

For sure I changed the perception of words related to the size, because in the United States everything took on the meaning of "great".
                Perhaps it is a translation thing but the Aetna Multi-Purposes Center is 15,000 sq. ft. not 15,000 sq. meters although to Nati it might seem that big.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 18, 2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Lady Shocks home games will be starting at 6:30 this year.

Comment

@GoShockersWBB⁩ team supporting our awesome ⁦@GoShockersVB⁩ tonight!

5:05 PM - 21 Sep 2018

Hopefully, these Ladies will get to experience a Shocker crowd like the Tulane vololeyball match before there time is at WSU and not just when UConn comes to town.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 24, 2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Carla Bremaud, an import from France, is a newcomer that kind of intrigue's me. Looking forward to seeing what kind of game she has.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After Carla knocked down that shot has walking back towards the top of the key I'm thinking a distaff version of Ron Baker maybe. One can hope.

WSU women’s basketball kicks off Year 2 of Keitha Adams Era

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE

Comment

Not a bad post move by Raven Prince (13) at the end of this short video, but a better answer by Fr. Trajata Colbert (24)

Comment

Now this is impressive:

Comment

Happy to be Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                            X