No announcement yet.

2018 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that Neleigh Herring is in as the DP. Only 4 at ats this year. Must be looking good in practice.

Comment

This is a very different batting order/lineup:

Mackenzie
      Bailey
      Laurie
      Madison
      Asea
      Ryleigh
      Paige
      Neleigh as the DP
      Morgan
      Kaylee as the Flex at 2B

Video analysis run amok?

Comment

The Cowgirls get runners to second and third in the second, but Bailey gets a pop up and ground out.

Okie State 2-0 after two.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Video analysis run amok?
          Maybe.

Comment

The Shockers Strike Back in the 3rd.

Comment

• flyingMoose
              flyingMoose commented
              Editing a comment
              For the detail oriented (me on some days):

Mackenzie double, Laurie hit-by-pitch and Madison single loads the bases.
              Mackenzie scores when Laurie is forced out at second for the second out of the inning.
              Ryleigh singles to score one.
              Paige singles to score two more.
              A Neleigh single and Morgan walks loads the bases, before Mackenzie flies out to end the inning.

4-2, OSU pitching change. Nice!

Comment

Batted around now. Bases loaded. 2-Outs. Mackenzie Wright at the plate. Mackenzie flies out to LF but great inning fo rthe Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Batted around now. Bases loaded. 2-Outs. Mackenzie Wright at the plate. Mackenzie flies out to LF but great inning fo rthe Shocks.
                Liked the chances of pretty much ending the game right there, but it was still a great round.

Comment

6-2!

7-2 Shox in the 4th! Really executing offensively the last couple of innings.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                    flyingMoose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bailey reached on an error and Laurie singled. Madison moved them both up with a sac bunt.
                    Asea's ground ball/fielder's choice scored both of them on an error - sounds like a wild throw to the plate.
                    Ryleigh's double scored Asea, Neleigh walked and Morgan's single loaded the bases.
                    Mackenzie grounded out to end the inning.

Nice offensive explosion in these last two innings for the Shockers.

I just hope they don't regret leaving the bases loaded in each inning. They really could have blown the game wide open.

I still love the five-run lead though. Don't let up.
                  78-65

Comment

This is the entire bracket that allows you to get to any Regional you might be interested in. This is for you all you Hofstra alums.

Comment

Laurie and Madison single in the fifth, but no runs score. The Cowgirls get a walk, but do not score.

Shocks lead 7-2 after five.

Comment

Lange with a single (that she stretched to second on a sleeping shortstop) and now its 8-2

Comment

Can Bredbenner take over duties on the baseball side as well?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am more familiar with baseball, so I'll concede to those who know softball better.

I love the lead, but the Shockers have left 13 runners stranded in these last five innings (do the math on that one). Is that maybe a bit more common since it is harder to score runners? I would guess that due to the smaller playing field, a base hit doesn't necessarily score two and that an extra base hit wouldn't necessarily clear the bases like you would see in baseball.
                            78-65

Comment

Working...
                            X