AVCA Poll (Nov. 26) and Attendance rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll (Nov. 26) and Attendance rankings

We dropped out of the AVCA and are now at #26.

But we maintained our attendance ranking at #7.

Where do you think we will be ranked after we dispose of Western Kentucky and Nebraska?

:D

Comment

26th. But who cares??? We'll be in the Sweet 16, baby!!!!

Comment

I don't think rankings matter past this point.

Comment

You're absolutely right. They don't. Just thought I'd put the most current info on the board.

Although I think the attendance ranking is significant! :yes:

Comment

Do the regional attendance figure into the attendance figures?

Where did WSU finish last season in attendance? It's pretty impressive for a "Smaller school" to be in the top 10 for a couple of years.

Comment

Don't quote me, but I think they finished 10th last year.

There are four MVC teams in the top 21, although CU's numbers are inflated due to a tournament at the quest involving Nebraska and Cal Poly, where both Nebraska and CU were credited with home games.

Comment

Actually my comment was made with my tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I guess it says something positive that I can post a comment about disposing of Nebraska with no reaction one way or the other about thaqt.

I think it is pretty obvious that rankings from this point out are meaningless. In fact, does the AVCA even issue a final poll after the Tournament?

I guess I should be a little more direct. What say you Shocker fans - do we have any chance at all at knocking of Nebraska in Lincoln?

I think we have a chance, but this would be a HUGE upset. The Shocks will have to play at the very top of thier abilities individually and as a team and Nebraska will have to be a little off their game for us to have a chance IMHO.

BTW, Sara Lungren on 2nd hour of Sports Daily this morning.

Comment

1972, as much as I'd like for it to, it just ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    1972, as much as I'd like for it to, it just ain't gonna happen.
                    Realist! 8)

Comment

They do release a poll after the tournament is over. In 2005 the coaches kept us at #25 in the nation even though we didn't make the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                      X