Headed to Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to Lincoln

NCAA.com features live video, live scoring, rankings, news and statistics for all college sports across all divisions in the NCAA.

shox playing in the Nebraska Regional, first game against Western Kentucky

nm

Comment

Shox going to Lincoln, play Western Ky in round 1.

UNI going to Madison, plays Wisconsin in round 1.

Mo State goes to Manhattan, plays Oregon in round 1

Valley gets 3 in. Not Bad!!!!!

but I wish we were going to Manhattan.

Comment

You guys missed that Illinois State also made it. Yeah, I was shocked, too. That's when I knew we were in.

Four from the Valley!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          You guys missed that Illinois State also made it. Yeah, I was shocked, too. That's when I knew we were in.

Four from the Valley!!!
          wow, they play in Colorado Springs

Comment

Wow! That is great for the MVC. Maybe that will make Coach Lamb feel a little better about the MVC Tournament.

Comment

How's come we win the MVC and get to go to Lincoln? Why not anywhere else?

Should be interesting, but unfortunately there is a brickwall waiting for us in the second round. Nto that brick walls can't be broken down, but it'll be tough. I think they can do it, but it will be tough.

Did I mention that it would be tough?

Comment

So what the committee was saying was get to the finals of the MVC tourney and you're going dancin?

Sure beats the previous few years.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02

Four from the Valley!!!
                  wow, they play in Colorado Springs
                  Actually, I think Michigan is hosting that regional if I read the bracket correctly. Although, CSU the #14 seed would appear to be seeded #1 in that bracket.

Illinois State can be competitive in that bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    How's come we win the MVC and get to go to Lincoln? Why not anywhere else?

Should be interesting, but unfortunately there is a brickwall waiting for us in the second round. Nto that brick walls can't be broken down, but it'll be tough. I think they can do it, but it will be tough.

Did I mention that it would be tough?
                    yeah no kidding, a team that lost 1 in the big 12

at least we don't have to play stanford

Comment

We got the best seed of any of the Valley teams. We look like the #2 seed in the Nebraska region, Mo State is a #3 in Manhatten, and Ill St and UNI are both #4 seeds in their region. While we probably have the hardest regional to get through, we have the most winnable first round game. Guess it's good to be seeded above the other valley teams, but end up with a little more of a challange.

Comment

Not favorable placement at all. MSU should have gone to Nebraska and us to KSU.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                          We got the best seed of any of the Valley teams. We look like the #2 seed in the Nebraska region, Mo State is a #3 in Manhatten, and Ill St and UNI are both #4 seeds in their region. While we probably have the hardest regional to get through, we have the most winnable first round game. Guess it's good to be seeded above the other valley teams, but end up with a little more of a challange.
                          That's a good point. But still, it would be nice to feel like we actually have a shot to go beyond the first round. We'd have to catch Nebraska on a very off day to beat them, IMO.

Comment

Congrats to the Valley for the 4 bids. The early effort to play a tough schedule certainly paid off for 3 of the 4 teams invited to the tourney.

Count me in the totally (deleted) off crowd, yet again.

How in the (deleted) do we get Nebraska when Missouri State gets essentially the same seed in Kansas State?

On their game, the Bears have a shot at that sub regional. Nebraska is in a different world unfortunately.

My apologies to the families here but WSU continues the long tradition of getting (deleted) by the NCAAs and I am sick and (deleted) tired of it.

Here's to the Lady Shockers giving both Nebraska and the NCAAs a big stinking (deleted) to munch on.

Comment

Not favorable placement at all. MSU should have gone to Nebraska and us to KSU.

Boy it sure seems tough for the NCAA to figure things out that are easy for the rest of us when it comes to the Shox.

Comment

Working...
                              X