All-Valley Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Valley Honors

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa ? Wichita State placed four volleyball student-athletes on the 2010 All-Missouri Valley Conference team. Sarah McGee, Mary Elizabeth Hooper and Emily Adney were all on the first team, while Camri Zwiesler earned second team honors. Freshman Elizabeth Field was also named to the All-Freshman Team.

First Team: ME, Sarah, Emily

Second Team: Camri

All-Freshman Team: Elizabeth

Defensive POY: Sarah!!

In the accompanying pictures, Sarah has a leg brace on over warm-up pants. I doubt that her status is "uncertain" per this morning's paper.

UNI have Coach-, Libero- and Player- (Bre Payton) of-the-Year, while Missouri State have the Freshman-of-the-Year.

Congrats to Hoop, Emily, Sarah, Camri and Elizabeth.

All very well-deserved awards and a great showing by the Shocks.

Really not much to chose between Emily and Camri but Emily was a little better in conference matches.

Overall about as good as the Shocks good could expect in individual honors.

No argument from me with UNI racking up the Coach, Libero and Player of the Year.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Re: All-Valley Honors

Originally posted by flyingMoose
      In the accompanying pictures, Sarah has a leg brace on over warm-up pants. I doubt that her status is "uncertain" per this morning's paper.
      'Moose did you check out the video of the presentation of the DPOY award to Sarah followed by a short inteview. (On the right side of the page).
      Short video but well worth the time on many different levels.

Sarah was walking with out the aide of crutches, but was limping some.

I can't see her on the floor this weekend (nothing much to gain). Beyond that maybe her availability is still up in the air.

Comment

You don't wear that brace because your knee is sore, you wear it to stabilize what can no longer remain stable.

I am very, very happy for Sarah to receive this award. A fitting award for a wonderful young woman.

Congrats to all the Shockers named to these teams.

:wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks:

Comment

Some world class smiles on this Shocker team.

Sarah, Camri and Emily make a formidable All-Smile front line.

Sarah though may be in a league of her own and it is so nice to see that smile again. Most of her smiles on senior night were forced. She looked truly happy again in these award photos.

Comment

Working...
          X