• Show
Clear All

• Rankings 22 Nov

This week's numbers:

18th in NCAA RPI
    39th in the AVCA Poll (3 votes)
    36th in RickKern Poll
    29th in the Pablo Rankings

Obviously losing to UNI did not hurt us a bit. In fact, we moved up a couple of spots in the RPI from a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Obviously losing to UNI did not hurt us a bit. In fact, we moved up a couple of spots in the RPI from a week ago.
      While we all obviously wanted to beat UNI, I think we could have all come away from this weekend pretty happy if it wasn't for McGee's injury.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yes, we did. I should have noted that the weekend moved our Pablo Ranking from 24 to 29 and moved UNI from 16 to 9. Pablo is not used the NCAA Committee, but it has proven to be a good predictor of match results. However, the Committee does use ...

Other RPIs of interest are:

6 UNI
        34 Missouri State
        40 Creighton

Comment

I think the Shocks probably moved up a notch to #9 in average attendance to finish the regular season (assuming no one below us snuck up on us).

Shocker fans showed up in just enough numbers to push us above 2,500 per match to finish the year at 2,501.

Texas finished at 2,445 per match.

Comment

I think the Shocks probably moved up a notch to #9 in average attendance to finish the regular season.

Shocker fans showed up in just enough numbers to push us above 2,500 per match to finish the year at 2,501.

I ran the numbers as well and got the same results, but Texas does still have one more home match, this Wednesday against Texas A&M.

I believe they would need 3,346 people in attendance to pass us.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              While we all obviously wanted to beat UNI, I think we could have all come away from this weekend pretty happy if it wasn't for McGee's injury.

Well that's a pretty big if.......but I see your point.

Comment

I think the Shocks probably moved up a notch to #9 in average attendance to finish the regular season.

I ran the numbers as well and got the same results, but Texas does still have one more home match, this Wednesday against Texas A&M.

They might get that for Texax A&M. They drew 3,235 for Nebraska and 3,324 for Oklahoma. Last year they drew 3,925 for their Senior night match against KU. Looks like there is a good chance we will drop back to #10 after Wednesday.

Comment

They might get that for Texax A&M. They drew 3,235 for Nebraska and 3,324 for Oklahoma. Last year they drew 3,925 for their Senior night match against KU. Looks like there is a good chance we will drop back to #10 after Wednesday.
                  They certainly could, although it being a mid-week game the day before Thanksgiving makes it a little hard to project.

Comment

They certainly could, although it being a mid-week game the day before Thanksgiving makes it a little hard to project.
                    Good point. There Senior Night match last year was on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. It's going to be close either way.

Comment

Texas draws 4230, the largest crowd ever at Gregory Gymnasium, on Senior Night v TAMU.

Comment

Working...
                      X