No announcement yet.

Senior Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great highlights from the UNI and Bradley matches are available on goShockers.com at the bottom of the page:

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State finished the regular-season with a 3-0 win over Bradley. The Shockers (21-6, 14-4) won by scores of 25-10, 25-19 and 25-16. With the win, the Shockers clinched the No. 2 seed in next week's Missouri Valley Conference Tournament.

Unfortunately, it doesn't include the pursuit play we have been discussing.

However, check out the kill by Ashley Andrade at just past the 5:00 minute mark. I think this is the one Doc was talking about. The kill by Camri that follows was a rocket also.

Comment

I am glad I recorded this game and was able to watch the Andrade 'facial' several times. It was awesome. I do feel sorry for anyone that is on the receiving end of one of those hits....OUCH!! :cry: The look on Andrade's face afterwards was pretty funny, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by flyingMoose
        Kudos to the teammate that waited for Sarah and walked with her up the tunnel at the end of the match. Was it Lindsey Engel?

I think I know to what you are referring FM, and yes I believe it was indeed Lindsey E.
        Yes, with Sarah on crutches, she was obviously going to be the last one up the tunnel. The rest of the team, with the thrill of the decisive victory and knowing they were the #2 seed in the MVC Tournament, had already left the floor.

I also noticed MEH going over to Sarah on the bench before each set and doing what I assume was the handslap they would have done had Sarah been on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Drake and Illinois State have to win the MVC Tournament to make the dance. I don't think they have the firepower to win 3 matches against the quality of competition they would have to face to win the Tournament.
          I could see Illinois State knocking off MSU on Thursday. They were swept by the Bears in Springfield in September (-22,-22,-19), but they swept MSU in Normal in October (-22,-23,-20), and the Redbirds seem to have improved a fair amount as the season has progressed. So I could see an ISU win on a neutral court.

The Shocker/Bluejay match could be a doozie as well (if Creighton gets by Drake)

Comment

Originally posted by sistyugler
            I am glad I recorded this game and was able to watch the Andrade 'facial' several times. It was awesome. I do feel sorry for anyone that is on the receiving end of one of those hits....OUCH!! :cry: The look on Andrade's face afterwards was pretty funny, too.
            The UNI highlights are pretty good also and they illustrate one reason why UNI is so tough to beat. They really, really make your work for your points and over the course of the match that can wear a team down.

Comment

For video of a player going under the net ...

The NCAA women have a more liberal interpretation of center line penetration--they are allowed inadvertent "unders." Does anybody know when they changed this rule? What year/season specifically?

Reply #23

Comment

Working...
              X