No Time to Let Down (CU & Drake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    MSU swept Creighton, so with our sweep of Drake, we now have a two game lead for 2nd in the Valley. Huge because even if we lose to UNI, we can still be alone in 2nd by winning all our other matches.
    Things could not have worked out much better for the Shocks this weekend.

:good:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Hopefully, MEH's legs are holding up OK.
      They appear to be perfect from where I'm sitting.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. How do your like those lower leg garter's she is wearing. Not sure what those are but I assume they are helping her hold up to the wear and tear of the season.

Comment

How do your like those lower leg garter's she is wearing.
        I assumed those are strips of the tape that you see more typically on a volleyballer's shoulder - for example, Olympian Kerrri Walsh. Or maybe you knew that and were just funnin' us.

Official site for KT Tape products. Sports therapeutic kinesiology tape designed for pain relief and support for muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
          How do your like those lower leg garter's she is wearing.
          I assumed those are strips of the tape that you see more typically on a volleyballer's shoulder - for example, Olympian Kerrri Walsh. Or maybe you knew that and were just funnin' us.

http://www.kttape.com/
          I was just funnin' a little with Doc, although I was not exactly sure what those strips were. I'm sure it is probably is KT Tape.

[/code]

Comment

Man I thought the ladies looked great tonight. A little off in the 2nd set, but came back big late.

They were pounding the ball all over the place. There just weren't a lot of weak spots tonight.

If they play like that, I don't know who is going to beat them. As good as UNI is, and they are really REALLY good, if WSU plays like that I think they get the Panthers.

Great weekend. Lots of former players back. Sarah Lungren sharing TV duties with Mike Kennedy. Good times, great program.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :posterwu:

Comment

The Shocks continued to exhibit their tendency for inconsistent play in tonight's sweep of Drake although overall I thought they looked pretty solid.

They dominated Drake in Sets 1 and 3. In Set 2 they looked disinterested early on in digging themselves a deep hole. The trailed 10-16 before closing the gap a little. They still trailed 21-24 but pulled off a tremendous closing rally to take Set 2 27-25.

Lambo commented on the tendency of this team to play poorly early in second sets after winning the first set. He said he thought is was simply a lack of focus and that they just need to "learn" how to maintain focus throughout a match.

Lambo spoke in glowing terms about Senior Middle Sarah McGee.

There were a lot of rockets hit tonight on both sides of the net.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

Is it just me or have we looked a lot better this year when Church has been libero? I don't know what happened but having Waldo come in and serve and play back row for 3 rotations seems to be working better than having her as libero. I know Lamb switched them up after the second game at Creighton, but I don't think it's only been that match where I've seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu
                  Is it just me or have we looked a lot better this year when Church has been libero? I don't know what happened but having Waldo come in and serve and play back row for 3 rotations seems to be working better than having her as libero. I know Lamb switched them up after the second game at Creighton, but I don't think it's only been that match where I've seen that.
                  Church was certainly crucial to our win over CU, and has really come on strong of late. Largely, I think the Church/Waldo competition has been a lot like Broussard/Granville used to be. When one struggles, the other will be there to take over more minutes and vice-versa.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

All good things start with a good pass. We are fortunate to have two excellent passers. Our whole back row play has been excellent.
                    GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                    X