Dr. Skill Commits to Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Skill Commits to Shocks

Nice to keep the local kids at home - another outstanding student athlete verbals to Shocks, Valley Center Junior OH Ashlyn Driskill (a/k/a Dr. Skill). Ashlyn is in the class of 2012.

Our Apologies The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have ou...

Re: Dr. Skill Commits to Shocks

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Nice to keep the local kids at home - another outstanding student athlete verbals to Shocks, Valley Center Junior OH Ashlyn Driskill (a/k/a Dr. Skill). Ashlyn is in the class of 2012.

http://www.kake.com/highschool/headlines/103610119.html
    :good: :good:

Comment

Just as a little update, Ashlyn was 1st team All State 5A by the KVA. She was also All-Metro. I think, but I am not sure, Valley Center was knocked out before the State tourney by Maize.

I happened to notice Jackie Church's sister, Anna, was 2nd team. Anna is also a junior. She was named to the State Tournament team as well.

Always like to see family follow in the footsteps, but I'm really hoping we get a shot at Lindsey Eckenrode's sister....taking her team to the state finals as a freshman setter is a pretty unique performance, even more so in Texas.

Comment

According to Twitter, will sign her letter today!

Comment

Also in the paper today:

She made the All-Metro team as well as First Team AV-CTL Division 2.

Oh yeah...she was the MVP for Div. 2 as well. I don't think the state teams come out for a little.

Comment

She also plans to graduate at semester and enroll at WSU in the spring so she can participate in workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              She also plans to graduate at semester and enroll at WSU in the spring so she can participate in workouts.
              Obviously a good student. It takes 26 credits to graduate from Valley Center vs 22.5 in for Wichita High Schools (USD 259) so they don't just let you skate buy in VC. In fact, you probably have to do some extra classwork in addition to the standard 7 hours per year curriculum to graduate in 3.5 years.

Of course, most of our VB players at WSU are excellent students.

Comment

Wichita definitely doesn't have the same standards. I had a friend at Circle who transferred to Heights and ended up graduating a year earlier than she would have.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You can get a very good education in the Wichita School District if you want to, but the basic standards are less stringent than some of the suburban and small town schools. As far as a challenging curriculum and outstanding students the IB program at East is hard to beat and that includes the private schools.

Comment

Looking forward to big things from Ashlyn right out of the box.

Comment

Ashlyn

Ashlyn looked pretty good during the practice games against KU today as an O/H hitter. She also has an excellent hard overheard serve with downspin.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                        Ashlyn looked pretty good during the practice games against KU today as an O/H hitter. She also has an excellent hard overheard serve with downspin.
                        I agree. Ashlyn looked very good in the morning session I attended. A little bit reminiscent of Emily Stockman, although that is an awful high bar to set for the young lady.

Comment

Working...
                        X