No announcement yet.

Shocks Host ILS and INS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the look on her mom's face....last night is perfect example of why I have embraced Shocker Volleyball.

Way to go Lindsey!

:wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks:

Comment

Thanks for the synopsis.
      I agree, 'tis great that she was able to get back out there a score.

Comment

See the video at the bottom of the goShockers.com write-up for some additional flavor of the moment:

WICHITA - The Wichita State Shockers defeated the Indiana State Sycamores 3-0, Saturday in front of 2,169 fans at Charles Koch Arena. The Shockers took the Missouri Valley Conference match with scores of 25-17, 25-15 and 25-16. Wichita State improved to 10-3 overall and 3-1 in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Originally posted by RoyalShock
          WSU takes the 5th 15-8.

I haven't seen the Shocks play yet but am rather surprised it went to 5 sets.
          Lamb mentioned that he made a roster card error that put the team in a weird lineup all of the 3rd game and apologized for it. That mistake probably accounted for a lot of the match going to 5. Good thing the girls pulled it out.
          Not sure I totally understood what the problem was. Something about flipping a couple of numbers (I'm assuming player jersey numbers on the lineup card) which threw them into a rotation they are not used to and they were stuck with it for the entire set. Not sure why you couldn't sub in and out a couple of times to fix that unless you are worried about running short of substitutions.
          Once the roster is set the player cannot come back in the game in another spot. So you can't rotate a player into a spot. So if you were to label the spots to start the set as 1-6 and that number moved with the rotation any time a player enters a 1 spot they can only play in that sport the whole set.

I know this is a late reply to this, but was out of town this weekend with no internet. I did get a chance to listen to the Ill St game, but dissapointed I missed the chance to see Lindsey get back on the court. Hopefully she'll get a few more swings in at home this year.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation dregn.

:good:

Comment

Working...
            X