BYU Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB

Lambo was concerned after the loss last week to Portland about problems with the outside hitters. That issue even showed in the win on Fri night against Stephen F Austin. So its good to see the girls get the OH's going now! I'm still not clear on what position Elizabeth Field is playing. It looks like Ashley Andrade played in the 1st 2 games, but didn't play in the 3rd game whereas the opposite can be said for Chelsey Feekin. So, it seems like the Shocks used 3 MB's in the 1st 2 gamse, but only 2 in the game with BYU. So, was Field being used as an OH in the 1st 2 games. The Mad Hatter has mentioned the "2 quick's" business, but I don't understand how that works. He said it's more complicated, so I figured Lambo might get away from that and simplify things for awhile.

Comment

That tourney is better than it looks. BYU is HUGE. That 6'6" RS Freshman (Hamson I think) is going to be a monster.

Remember the Cougars took a set off #7 Nebraska and #3 Illinois. BYU's problem is consistency, not talent. LMU and UH have both played solid schedules. Taking 9 of 10 sets is pretty impressive, especially considering last weekend's performance.

I don't think we are tough enough or consistent enough to beat UNI on the road right now....but we have enough talent. It would be a big big win for the program, especially considering they should have at least split matches last season, and easily could have swept the Panthers.

They are far from unbeatable, but I think they are tougher than the Shox, at least today.

Comment

Re: VB

Originally posted by xazshox
        Lambo was concerned after the loss last week to Portland about problems with the outside hitters. That issue even showed in the win on Fri night against Stephen F Austin. So its good to see the girls get the OH's going now! I'm still not clear on what position Elizabeth Field is playing. It looks like Ashley Andrade played in the 1st 2 games, but didn't play in the 3rd game whereas the opposite can be said for Chelsey Feekin. So, it seems like the Shocks used 3 MB's in the 1st 2 gamse, but only 2 in the game with BYU. So, was Field being used as an OH in the 1st 2 games. The Mad Hatter has mentioned the "2 quick's" business, but I don't understand how that works. He said it's more complicated, so I figured Lambo might get away from that and simplify things for awhile.
        As I put out there before as a question, i'm 90% sure that Andrade has been playing on the outside any time I've seen her get playing time this year. The 3 middles this year have been Fields, McGee and Witham. What leads me to believe I'm correct about Andrade is that if you look at the other match box scores she's "replaced" by Backes who is a right side hitter.

Comment

Working...
        X