Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season Honors

I see Abby Harsh, Sara Lungren, Emily Stockman, Stephanie Torkarz and Kelly Broussard making the 1st team All-Conference team and Melissa Granville should make 2nd team. Although I do wonder if the voters will really allow 5 members from the same team on the 1st team. That could bump Stephanie down to 2nd team.

Angela Jakubov and Lindsey Eckenrode might also sneak into the 2nd team, but Angela was a little up and down this year and Lindsey did not play much until the 2nd half of the season.

Any doubt about Lambo being Coach of the Year? I don't think so.

Personally, I think the Valley POY should be a Shocker since they won the league by 3 games. Unfortunately, their great balance makes it hard to select one player. My pick for POY is Abby Harsh who was largely responsible for our great offensive balance.

Libero of the year may go to Evansville's Julie Walroth again this year as she lead the league in digs per game. However, there is not a Libero in the league that I would trade for Kelly Broussard.

Freshman of the Year will probably be Angela Bys of Drake although she did very little in her 2 matches vs the Shocks.

Newcomer of the Year has to be Emily Stockman. Unfortunately, the MVC does not have such an award for VB (or at least they have not in the past).

Any and all recognition these oustanding student-athletes receive will be well deserved.

:clap: :posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :clap:

Last year there were 13 members on the MVC All-Conference 1st team and 6 on the All-Conference 2nd team.

I have no idea how they determine how many players to include on each team.

The Shocks placed 3 on the first team (Lungren, Harsh and Jakubov) and none on the 2nd team.

Therefore, my prediction are in all likelyhood too optimistic.

Although, I believe they are deserved. We will see.

:goshocks:

Comment

5 Shockers receive 2007 All-MVC Volleyball Scholar Athlete Honors:

WICHITA, Kan. ? Five Wichita State volleyball student-athletes have earned all-Valley Scholar-Athlete accolades in 2007. Seniors Abby Harsh and Sara Lungren and junior Kelly Broussard were named to the first team, while junior Angela Jakubov and sophomore Lindsey Eckenrode were named honorable mention.

1st Team: Abby Harsh, Sara Lungren and Kelly Broussard

Honorable Mention: Angela Jakubov and Lindsey Eckenrode

Congratulations to all. (Check out those GPA's :good: )

A great group of young women represengting our University and our community.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Sara Lungren was one of 12 players named to the AVCA All-Central Region team today.

Interestingly only 5 schools were represented on this team (not including the honorable mentions).

Nebraska placed 5 players and Texas had 4 players on the team.

Sara, Kelly Goc of Creighton and KSU's Nataly Korobkova filled out the team.

Congrats to our great Senior on a hard-earned and well deserved award.

:clap: :goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Sara Lungren was one of 12 players named to the AVCA All-Central Region team today.

Interestingly only 5 schools were represented on this team (not including the honorable mentions).

And my guess is that half that list will be all-americans.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            Originally posted by 1972Shocker

And my guess is that half that list will be all-americans.
            Not a bad guess. Sara is probably a long shot to be an All-American, but you never know. Just being eligible by making All-Region is quite an honor.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
            X