WSU vs Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Bradley

The regular season finale against Bradley tonight is a tough match in that it is meaningless as far as the MVC Regular Season Championship and Tournament seedings are concerned and we certainly don't want to get anyone injured.

On the other, the Shocks need to maintain their momentun heading into the MVC Tournament so I think it is important that they play hard and play well. In addition, we don't want to give the NCAA selection committee any ammo at all in the event we do not win the post-season tournament.

The Shocks have couple of winning streaks they would certainly like to extend:

1. 18-Match Winning Streak - second longest in school history to the 26-match winning streak.

2. 28-Match MVC Regular Season road winning streak. This is the second longest streak in MVC history behind the 32-match road winning streak set by UNI.

A couple of individual milestones have been or could be set this weekend:

1. Kelly Broussard became the season and career digs leader last night agaisnt UNI passing 2-Time MVC Libero of the Year, Karen Augspurger.

2. Sara Lungren needs 4 digs tonight against Bradley to become only the 6th player in Shocker history (and the 1st in the post-2000 rally scoring era) to reach 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in a career.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Sounds like they hope to rest Stephanie Tokarz tonight as she struggled to get through the UNI match due to her chronic foot issues.

I assume it will be up to Sarah McGee and Katie Niggemeyer to step in for Stephanie. Lambo said Stephanie is availabe if they need her.

Katie Niggemeyer is getting the start in place of Stephanie.

Comment

Is it on the radio?

Comment

I can only get the basketball game when I click on LIVE AUDIO on the VOLLEYBALL link on the front page of goshockers.com????? HELP! Anyone able to listen in to the game at Bradley? I am quite frustrated.
        Follow the yellow brick road...follow the yellow brick road....

Comment

Try that one. I am waiting for it to buffer.

Comment

Up 28-25 in game 3. Don't know the results of games 1 and 2.

Comment

Shocks win in 3.

Comment

Shocks did not play great but get the sweep 30-18, 30-20 and 30-27.

I think they were able to rest Stephanie and played a lot of people.

:goshocks:

Comment

30-18, 30-20, 30-27

Comment

Just found the link right at the end. Maybe we should look for these things before a match starts. :)

Comment

I'd take about any one over that announcer on the radio that Bradley was using.

Comment

Thank you for the link but I was not able to get it up quickly enough. How frustrating. Oh well looks like they won anyway so that's the important thing! Now on to Springfield! GO SHOCKS! :goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

UNI takes Game 1 from MSU 30-22.

Comment

I also noticed the announcer last night at UNI was not Mike Kennedy and he was not nearly as good as Kennedy is. Did not call alot of the digs, and missed a few points thru-out - ie, the score is 5-5 and then suddenly the next thing I hear is the score is 7-5. What the heck happened on the other 2 points??!! :)

Comment

Lambo said he thought the team played rather disinterested.

Said his challenge is now to get his team re-focused on the next goal and the next segment of the season, that of-course being post-season play.

Comment

Working...
                              X