No announcement yet.

Next Year's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoop was better than we had hoped coming in, no doubt. Feekin is the real deal and can play a variety of positions.

She probably didn't "need" the redshirt, but we needed to have 2 years between her and MEH.

I expect CF to be a game changer from day 1. If Hoop is healthy, we're going to be outstanding. If not, we'll just be really good.

You know what we'll get out of Backes and McGee. Eckenrode, if healthy, will be steady if unspectacular. Waldo and Church are solid but have a long way to go to get to Broussard or even Granville level. Service reception sets the table and we need to be improved from last season to compete at the highest level.

The X factor so to speak will be what the highly regarded freshmen and redshirt freshmen will bring to the table.

I really liked what Emily Adney brought to the table last year. Building on that would be nice.

But who will replace Emily Stockman? The answer is nobody, but if we can find the next superstar, perhaps in Feekin, Field or Zwiesler, then the future is going to continue in a very positive light.

Comment

First practice breakdown from Sully.

Looks like a shoulder injury has ended Dana Loganbill's career before it got started. That's too bad, but I have no doubt this young lady will have a big future in whatever she chooses.

Comment

Sounds like our digging and serve-receive game will be of primary concern this year.

I we were very fortnunate to have our run with Sara Lungren and Emily Stockman as our go to players. I agree we probably have no one that can replace Emily. However, I am hopeful, that we can be just a little better across the board and perhaps offset the loss of Emily somewhat with a little broader, more balanced attack. That my take some time to develop.

Sully was able to shed a little light on Mary Elizabeth's situation with overuse injuries to her lower legs although Lambo did not or could not (HIPAA) provide any details. Perhaps some tendinitis or stress fractures. Sounds like they believe it can be managed.

Not much about Lindsey other than she was at practice.

Tough luck for Dana. Nice to see that she is staying involved with the team as a student assistant.

Received my VB101 Dinner tickets in the mail yesterday. I am ready for some Shocker VB action. Start the Shock Clock!

:goshocks:

Comment

VB

Lambo has frequently mentioned the value of "6 rotation players". A review of the WSU VB 2009 team stats shows that there were only 4 players on the team who racked up a lot of digs - Glanville, Stockman, Waldorf & Church. I had never thought about it before, but what that shows is that Emily Stockman was the only 6 rotation player on the team. It also shows that WSU lost 50 % of their defenders from last year in Stockman and Glanville. Lambo and the staff are obviously looking around for another 6 rotation player now. Lambo has hinted that Zwiesler in one candidate to fill that roll as I understand it.

When I watche a WSU VB game, I'm always conscious of a lot of different players rotating into and out of the game. I hadn't realized there was only one 6 rotation player last year!

The fact that Emily S did so well on offense and defense at WSU probablyi speaks well for her attempt to take up 2 woman VB in CA now.

Comment

Working...
          X