• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake @ WSU next Friday

Friday, November 9- 7 p.m.

VB vs. Drake
    Bring your Nov. 8 Men's Basketball game ticket stub and get in for $4

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

I'm sure by now Lambo and the team have put the MSU match far behind them. Now is not the time to coast. The Shocks have battled back from the early home loss to UNI with some very big wins and have now put themselves in a position to have a special season. I expect Lambo to have the Ladies focused and ready to go this weekend.

We certainly don't want to slip up against a team in the lower part of the league standings like Drake.

We need to make quick work of the Bulldogs and then turn our attention to what promises to be another very tough match with Creighton on Saturday.

I have talked with a number of "new" fans that attended the MSU match who have said they will definitely make it to at least one of the matches this weekend.

I'm going for my second consecutive Thursday-Friday-Saturday Shocker Trifecta this week. Will that count as a double-triple!

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Shocks now #7 in National Attendance with a solid lead over #8 Texas.

What say you Shocker fans? We only have 2 more regular season home dates, this Friday and Saturday.

Please help us maintain our position in the attendance rankings and have a great time doing it.

Comment

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 pm
        Our attendance:
        12 games, 30750 fans, 2562 average attendance
        Good for 7th (between #6 Florida and #7 Texas) on the 10/29/07 stats.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:18 am
        Here are the new attendance rankings after tonight's game (including this weeks home games for Texas and Stanford):

7th - WSU - 2563
        8th - Texas - 2294
        9th - Stanford - 2166

Those rounding errors will get you every time, Royal. :D
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If 5625+ fans came to each match Friday and Saturday, our average attendance would be 3000+. If the other teams' averages remained the same, this would put WSU ahead of the current #1 ranked team in the country, Penn State, and in fifth place in attendance.

Let's do it. :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker

What say you Shocker fans? We only have 2 more regular season home dates, this Friday and Saturday.

Please help us maintain our position in the attendance rankings and have a great time doing it.

I love the * for playing in conjunction with opening of basketball, yet no mention of Cal Poly at Creighton being on the same ticket as Penn St vs Nebraska...

Comment

I have not heard much (or any) of a drumbeat for getting fans to attend these last two home matches. These are important matches!! Our NCAA RPI is weak (#39 - the RPI is a joke) and winning out is very important. Sara and Abby play their last MVC regular season matches on Saturday. Who will be there to say "Thanks"? Who would enjoy seeing Creighton get punked at Koch Arena? :D

Comment

I started a thread over on the BB Board. Let the call-out commence!

Comment

I think we will see a nice turnout against CU on senior night, so tonight's game is the real question mark. Let's get the fans out and make these last two home matches for Sara and Abby something special.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I'm a little apprehensive about this weekend's attendance.

We had the Men's Basketball last night and Senior Night on Saturday.

With Drake stuck in the middle of these two events it would not be surprising for some Shocker fans to take a night off.

In addition, the Senior Night match vs Creighton being televised may keep a good number of fans at home who might otherwise come out to the Arena.

Hope my apprehensions prove to be unfounded.

Comment

Tonight is another one of those potential "trap" matches that the Shocks need to focus on and not look past to the Big Match with Creighton on Senior night.

So far this year I would say this team has done a good job of focusing on the task at hand.

Drake did take Creighton to 5 games before losing early in the season in Des Moines and they have taken a game in matches with UNI and MSU.

So they are capable of stealing a game here and there. Drake is definitely much tougher than they have been the past couple of years.

Drake is still "mathematically" alive for the 6th and final spot on the MVC Tournament so it is not like they have nothing to play for.

The Bulldogettes may very well have the Freshman of the Year on their squad in Angela Bys.

Comment

We have next year's freshman of the year (i.e. Mary Elizabeth Hooper).

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          I am assuming MEH is our setter of the future that has been mentioned a few times before.

I have not seen any formal announcement on her so I am assuming she has not signed a LOI yet. Is that correct? If so, has she made a verbal commitment that did not receive any press?

Can you give some background info on this future shocker?

TIA

Comment

I am assuming MEH is our setter of the future that has been mentioned a few times before.

I have not seen any formal announcement on her so I am assuming she has not signed a LOI yet. Is that correct? If so, has she made a verbal commitment that did not receive any press?

TIA
                            She has signed a LOI, and will graduate early and come to WSU in the spring. This will allow her to participate in spring practices and scrimmages.

What Lamb has said about her is that she was as sought after a recruit as any he has had at WSU, and that it was a big deal that we could get her to come here instead the University of Texas, since it is hard to get the top Texas prospects away from UT. Her game is very much suited to the 5-1, and her play at the net (both blocking and attacking) are supposed to be very similar to Panzau.

That is pretty much what I know at this point.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

TIA

She plays for Plano High in Texas (north of Dallas). Her team is not very good but her club team is outstanding. She attended the Junior Olympic championships this summer in Colorado Springs and was selected to the All Tournament Team. She is, in a word, outstanding and with question the highest profile recruit in Lambo's tenure at WSU.

Her commitment is solid. Volleyball is different than the big 3 in so many ways. She will be here next year and actually if I remember correctly, is graduating early and going to be here in the spring to begin working out with the team.

We are going to be really good next year, mark my words.

Comment

Working...
                              X