Clear All

• NCAA Regional Finals

Penn State 3-0 California

18, 17, 22

Minnesota 3-1 Florida State

25-20, 25-7, 18-25, 25-17

Texas 3-1 Nebraska

21-25, 25-18, 25-16, 25-17

Texas ran a 6-2 with one of the setters (Engle) also playing front row.

Hawai'i 3-0 Michigan

23, 19, 18

The #1 and #2 seeds make it to the Final 4, but also the #11 seed and either the #12 or #13 seed will make to the Final 4.

I like it. A little more parity is always good for a Sport. Maybe a little parity is starting to seep into Women's VB.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      The #1 and #2 seeds make it to the Final 4, but also the #11 seed and either the #12 or #13 seed will make to the Final 4.
      Yes, Penn State and Texas were the pick of many to meet in the Finals before the season ever started. Texas did have to defeat Nebraska on their "super home court", the Qwest Center in Omaha. They seem to be a mentally tougher team this year, but they are going to have to pass better than they did last night. I hope these two teams make it to the Championship match - seeing Megan Hodge and Destinee Hooker on the same court would be awesome.

Minnesota (#11) got to play on their home court in possibly the weakest Regional. Hawai'i (#12) always thinks they are underseeded and perhaps this year they are correct. But I don't see those two beating Texas or Penn State, respectively.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      I like it. A little more parity is always good for a Sport. Maybe a little parity is starting to seep into Women's VB.
      No Pac-10 teams in the Final Four! There are two teams from the Big Ten, a Big XII team, and a team from the WAC.

The fun begins Thursday evening on ESPN2 with the championship on Saturday evening.

Comment

Working...
      X