No announcement yet.

#1 UNI vs #3 Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks tipping and soft hitting everything. UNI taking real swings.

UNI up 5-0 in Set 3.

Shocks looking like they may be out of gas, but still plenty of time, so we will see what happens.

:goshocks:

Comment

UNI up 9-1. This set is pretty much over.

Shocks need to try to regain a little bit of momentum to carryover to Set 4, but this it too big a deficit to recover from against a team like UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        UNI up 9-1. This set is pretty much over.

Shocks need to try to regain a little bit of momentum to carryover to Set 4, but this it too big a deficit to recover from against a team like UNI.
        This is getting bad. We are completely gassed!! No momentum. 9-23 uni
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

UNI 25 - 11.

Shocks worst set of the year comes at a bad time.

The good news is it counts the same as a 25-23 set would have and Shocks did not expend much energy that set, although they may not have much left to expend. We'll see shortly.

:goshocks:

Comment

It all starts with a good pass and if your pass is setting up UNI then it going to be a tough road to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              It all starts with a good pass and if your pass is setting up UNI then it going to be a tough road to walk.
              Yep. Our littles have been very average at best. I think the Shocks are trying, but the legs are gone. It's tough enough to take on UNI in normal circumstances. Add fatigue into the mix and it's probably too much to ask.

Comment

Let's hope the NCAA thinks the Valley is a multi-bid league. It's all we can hope.

Nice effort ladies.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                  Yep. Our littles have been very average at best. I think the Shocks are trying, but the legs are gone. It's tough enough to take on UNI in normal circumstances. Add fatigue into the mix and it's probably too much to ask.
                  WSU littles are just reacting while UNI's seem to anticipate every WSU move.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Let's hope the NCAA thinks the Valley is a multi-bid league. It's all we can hope.

Nice effort ladies.
                    The MVC received 3 bids last year and the league is arguably better this year. I think UNI and WSU are both in.

Shocks did not have it today, but they did what they needed to do in the Tournament which was get to the finals against UNI.

I'm confident were in.

Comment

The MVC received 3 bids last year and the league is arguable better this year. I think UNI and WSU are both in.

I'm confident were in.
                      I agree, we are both in. I think the RPI of Missouri State is too high, and they are very doubtful. But we can hope, for the good of the Valley.

Comment

MSU definitely on the bubble. My guess is they won't make it.

Shocks will probably end up at either Texas or Nebraska again (let's hope it is Nebraska this year) as a 2 or 3 seed (doesn't make much difference which). Might get another matchup with OU.

UNI will be a strong 2 seed somewhere (maybe Iowa State) and they will be tough to handle. I would not be shocked to see the Panthers in the Sweet 16.

Comment

BCS Selection committee is as dumb as a box of rocks. I will believe we are in when I see it.
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shocks will probably end up at either Texas or Nebraska again (let's hope it is Nebraska this year) as a 2 or 3 seed (doesn't make much difference which). Might get another matchup with OU.

UNI will be a strong 2 seed somewhere (maybe Iowa State) and they will be tough to handle. I would not be shocked to see the Panthers in the Sweet 16.
                            I think UNI is a 2 seed and we are a 3 seed. (But as you say, 2 or 3 just decides what color uniform you wear.) Because the NCAA tries to keep travel expenses to a minimum, it is difficult to talk about strong/weak seedings. If because of the travel considerations, UNI gets assigned to a "nice" regional, they might make it to the second weekend. Is Minnesota a possibility for them? Might they even host a regional?

Unless we get some game from the right side and the littles, our seeding is moot.

Comment

Working...
                            X