All-Metro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Metro Team

I'm not that versed on volleyball goings on, but noticed that 5 of the 7 All-Metro players were seniors. From what I read, only two have made commitments.

Sadie Clark of Collegiate is going to Arkansas State and Courtney Traxson of Cheney (Sara Lungren coach) is headed to KSt. Sara talks very highly of Courtney - "watched her do things that I never dreamed of thinking about in high school".

Any comments on any of these players not going to WSU? Any of the others on our radar?

Good question. Our current redshirting freshman class has 10 members. Maybe "the Inn is full"? ;-)
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Well the thread on Sexton is dying out a little so lets go after Lambo and why doesn't he recruit the locals and why is he having such a bad year after the last two years. ;-)

Comment

Kelsey Banwart from Andover Central is going to WSU

Comment

We have a ton of walk-ons who will never see the court, personally I don't understand why they wouldn't want to go somewhere and get on the court. Can't blame Lambo for that. Metro had a bunch of seniors but there is a class of freshman who are better all-around players than some of these kids. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
            We have a ton of walk-ons who will never see the court, personally I don't understand why they wouldn't want to go somewhere and get on the court. Can't blame Lambo for that. Metro had a bunch of seniors but there is a class of freshman who are better all-around players than some of these kids. Should be fun to watch.
            You know, I have wondered that myself and Chris, Shannon and the staff have to be admired for being able to manage that many personalities.

The only thing I can come up with is that Lambo has such a great rep as a Coach and developer of talent that many of these Ladies may figure that a redshirt year at WSU is pretty valuable and if they see the writing on the wall that would be in an improved position for landing a schollie elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
              Well the thread on Sexton is dying out a little so lets go after Lambo and why doesn't he recruit the locals and why is he having such a bad year after the last two years. ;-)
              If Marshall was 20-4 after 24 games, we'd probably ride him out of town on a rail. Right? We have standards and 20-4 just isn't good enough. ;-)
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Kim Wadsworth was one of these "walk-ons who will never see the court" and look at her now.

Conference Individual Leaders
                HITTING PERCENTAGE
                13. Wadsworth, Kim-Wichita State SR 44 104 33 261 .272

KILLS
                24. Wadsworth, Kim-Wichita State SR 44 104 2.36

25. Wadsworth, Kim-Wichita State SR 44 104 5 3 14 119.0 2.70

Comment

Let me be clear. I'm not at all going after HCCL, (and yes, I saw the wink). I didn't know if any of these gals were at the caliber he would normally go after. Thanks for letting me know about Kelsey, Shocks02.

I know Chris has done a great job attracting area players. I thought that with Sara as Traxson's coach and the high praise Sara placed on her, she might of been a great addition to the Shox. Of course, there's always "other circumstances". I just hated losing a possible top prospect to the Kitties.

Comment

If Hannah becomes a head coach, he'll be HCCH. :lol:

Comment

I believe one of Sara's other seniors has signed with Mizzou.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        If Hannah becomes a head coach, he'll be HCCH. :lol:
                        Not to mention his last name itself is a palindrome.

Comment

Kim Wadsworth was one of these "walk-ons who will never see the court" and look at her now

Kim has perservered and should be proud, but it will take more than one example to change my mind, sorry.

Comment

We have a ton of walk-ons who will never see the court
                            I don't know. These girls are in pretty good shape. It would take at least a dozen to add up to a ton.

Nevertheless, it would not be surprising to see a few of the redshirts decide to go elsewhere if they see that their PT is going to be minimal.

Comment

Working...
                            X