What Lies Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday at 5:09am, rogero1 wrote:
    Big Ten will not get 8 bids. They will be lucky to get 6 only if Wisconsin goes .500 in Big Ten play.

High: 8 is the max (but unlikely).
    Prob: Probable is 6.
    Low: Definite is 5 teams (PSU, Illinois, Minn, Mich, OSU)

It's been a crazy season with many upsets and it will be almost impossible to guess what the bracket will look like. But it wouldn't be volleytalk if we would not try ;D Current conference Sta
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Originally posted by flyingMoose
      The semis might be good enough for the Shocks, but I do not think making the semis is good enough for Missouri State. BWDIK.
      but predicting what the selection committee will do is impossible.
      Yes. "Minimums"="Even the selection committee can't mess this up."

It's been a crazy season with many upsets and it will be almost impossible to guess what the bracket will look like. But it wouldn't be volleytalk if we would not try ;D Current conference Sta

Reply #21

Missouri Valley 1 2 3 <champ> UNI UNI, WtcSt, MizzSt

As explanation for the line above, 1=Locks, 2=Expected Bids, and 3=Max Bids.

Comment

Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

This coming weekend we have Bradley and Northern Iowa. Northern Iowa will be our last home game and we hope we can set an attendance record. Please bring everyone you know. Go Shocks!
          Senior libero Melissa Granville will be writing weekly articles on Shocker volleyball. Check back every Monday afternoon for a new article.

Comment

What was the attendance numbers for the Bradley match?

Comment

Attend: 2659

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                I actually thought that was pretty decent attendance considering the quality of the opponent and we were up against High School Football playoffs (although the number of teams still playing is dwindling).

By comparison Missouri State only drew 1,816 for their big match with UNI last night.

We need to absolutely blow that number away tonight. Shocker fans, if there was ever a time we need you it is tonight. Get there and get there early to bid farewell to our great Senior class. Also, I have heard this will be the largest VB alumni group they have ever had for Alumni weekend. They will be recognized at halftime.

:goshocks:

Comment

I agree; as many true Shocker fans as possible need to be there tonight. It doesn't matter if you have never been to a Shocker volleyball match before; these girls (young women) have worked hard for 3 or 4 or 5 years and need a great sendoff on Senior Night.

Imagine if they had to take down the curtain and we filled the entire Arena? This would certainly make the AVCA news and provide props for all Shocker sports. It would help Lambo recruiting. It would let Marshall, Adams, etc. point to volleyball attendance and say "Shocker fans are 'crazy' and you want to be part of this wonderful craziness."

Comment

I wonder if our ability to count has changed or if it's my memory that is suffering.

It's hard for me to believe that last night's crowd was below average when compared to last season. There were a lot of people there.

I go back to Lambo's comment last night:

"For only 3 weeks in the history of the program has the NCAA ever thought we were better than right now".

There is nothing wrong with this team.....an EXCELLENT RANKED OPPONENT is coming to town for a HUGE MATCH with NATIONAL IMPLICATIONS.

Where will you be?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

"For only 3 weeks in the history of the program has the NCAA ever thought we were better than right now".
                      That comment struck me also. I had posed earlier in the year that we might be a little spoiled and taking the success of this program for granted or perhaps assuming that success comes easily (it does not). Maybe Lambo is starting to sense that also. Tonight is a chance not only to show our appreciation to our Seniors but to show our appreciation to Lambo and staff also.

We need 6,322 tonight to push our average attendance to 3,000 for the year.

As Doc said "Where Will You Be?". I know where you should be if you are a Shocker Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu

That comment struck me also. I had posed earlier in the year that we might be a little spoiled and taking the success of this program for granted or perhaps assuming that success comes easily (it does not). Maybe Lambo is starting to sense that also. Tonight is a chance not only to show our appreciation to our Seniors but to show our appreciation to Lambo and staff also.

We need 6,322 tonight to push our average attendance to 3,000 for the year.

As Doc said "Where Will You Be?". I know where you should be if you are a Shocker Fan.

I'll be here...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I know I'll be there with my brothers family. Not sure if the two year old needs a ticket. If not, there will be 5 of us.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I know I'll be there with my brothers family. Not sure if the two year old needs a ticket. If not, there will be 5 of us.
                            I don't think a two year needs a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                            X