Set Up Weekend (SIU and Evansville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Up Weekend (SIU and Evansville)

Here we go. An important weekend, in that, we need both these matches against decent, middle of the pack MVC teams, to set up the Match of the Year with MSU the next Friday. Of course, MSU is in the same boat.

Evansville (4-6, 11-10) and SIU (4-6, 12-10) have almost identical records and have split their head-to-head matches with both winning at home in 3-0 sweeps. Each of their other 3 MVC wins are against Drake, Bradley and Indiana State, the 3 teams at the bottom of the league standings.

However, Evansville did take Illinois State to 5 games at home earlier in the year and Evansville almost upset the Shocks in Wichita last year in a 5-game match.

SIU brings good athleticism to the floor, but Evansville brings more experience and perhaps more VB skills to the floor.

Lambo has said he thinks this might be the year that someone in the bottom half knocks off one of the Top 5. Let's hope if it happens this weekend it's the Bears taking the hit and not the Shocks.

After playing a somewhat spotty match against Illinois State last Saturday, I think Lambo will have the full attention of the Ladies this week and I expect them to be ready and focused.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

This year's match at home vs Evansville was a tough one. The Aces were scrappy and tough and without at least 2 starters iirc.

This weekend scares the heck out of me.

It's about this time last year we had bumps at home that cost us the title and NCAA bid.

1 year older, I expect the ladies have learned from their experiences and are ready to move forward and sweep the weekend but I feel it will not be easy.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Match starts shortly. :goshocks:
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

One thing that makes this trip tough is that both teams are pretty decent teams and you can not really concentrate on one over the other.

In most of our other road trips we have a Top 5 team mathced with a Bottom 3 team and we can concentrate more of our preparation on the tougher of the two teams.

Anyway, here we go Shocks. Let 'er rip.

:goshocks:

Comment

Not going to be easy Shocks down 14-17 at the midway point of Game 1.

Comment

not a good first set...now i have hockey...hopefully when i leave the team will do better...

Comment

SIU wins Game 1 in more or less dominating fashion winning 30-24. Score was made closer by a Shocker mini-rally at the end of the Game.

Not sure what the stats will show but sounded like SIU out-blocked the Shocks by a significant margin.

:(

Comment

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If this turns into another "UNI" type game, I'm going to be :rant: :evil: :mad: :x :cry:

Comment

Sounds like SIU is playing very well. Shocks need to adjust and step up their intensity a few notches.

Comment

Emily is getting everything blocked back at her tonight. Shocks are not blocking much of anything successfully so far.

Comment

Shocks finally chipping in a few blocks of their own.

Comment

They may be keying on Emily. If our offense is too predictable, our opponent can counter our in-system sets. We should be smarter than to allow this. How many touches has Stephanie had this game? (Is Stephanie even in the game?)

Comment

Kim Wadsworth and Angela Jakubov lead Shockers to a 30-20 win in Game 2, however, it was not as easy as the score indicates.

:( :D

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              They may be keying on Emily. If our offense is too predictable, our opponent can counter our in-system sets. We should be smarter than to allow this. How many touches has Stephanie had this game? (Is Stephanie even in the game?)
                              Does sound like they may be keying on trying to take away Emily and perhaps Sara.

SIU playing well. Nice run by the Shocks at the end of Game 2.

We do not want this to go to a 5th game. We need to come out of halftime ready to go and with adjustments in hand.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X