AVCA Poll, 10-15-2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA Poll, 10-15-2007

From 32nd (20 votes) last week to 30th (37 votes) this week.

woo hoo! Go Hogs!

:)

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      woo hoo! Go Hogs!

Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Arkansas 5
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Rank School (First-Place Votes) Total Points
        2007 Record
        Last Week

1 Nebraska (60)
        2 Penn State
        3 Stanford
        4 Southern California
        5 Washington
        6 Texas
        7 UCLA
        8 Wisconsin
        9 California
        10 Florida
        11 Hawai'i
        12 Dayton
        13 Minnesota
        14 Kansas State
        15 Michigan
        16 San Diego
        17 Duke
        18 New Mexico State
        19 Oregon
        20 Ohio
        21 Colorado State
        22 St. John's
        23 Oklahoma
        24 Cal Poly
        25 LSU

Others Receiving Votes and appearing on two or more ballots: Louisville 96; Middle Tennessee 81; Sacramento State 78; Pepperdine 39; Wichita State 37; Long Beach State 37; Clemson 34; BYU 29; Missouri State 23; Oregon State 10; UNLV 8; Iowa State 7; Arkansas 5; Miami (OH) 3.

After looking at this poll, there is no way that we are going to get ranked this year which sucks. Going to have to take the MVC tourney. Does anyone know the story of Dayton? Are they a traditional power or are they just having a great year.

Comment

From what I've read Dayton beat a number of BCS teams that are nowhere to be found in the voting (Illinois, Purdue, Utah, Cinci, Wake Forest, UNC). Purdue was #17 at the time Dayton beat them. A few fans on VolleyTalk don't think they are anywhere near #12 good.

I don't know my conferences that well, but I'm not seeing anyone else in the poll or receiving votes from the A10.

I'd say they are overrated a bit, or they are like WSU two years ago.

Comment

I saw a comment at VolleyTalk saying WSU is in the top 20 of the Pablo rankings.

Just for reference, there are three rankings that are watched by VB fans: AVCA, Pablo and Kern, the last two of which are premium-only.

Comment

School: Wichita State
              RichKern Poll: 36
              Pablo Rankings: 16
              AVCA* Poll: 30
              VB Mag* Poll:
              Conference: Missouri Valley
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Sweet! I didn't know there was a free version. Thanks!

But you have to change the avatar. How will we ever tell you and '72 apart? ;)

Comment

Obviously the Pablo rating is the only legit rankings around. :D

Some things make sense and others are head scratchers. I really wonder where we would be if we could have finished off Hawaii like we should have......That was a great win by Arkansas but UNI thumped the Hogs so who gets the bump?

Comment

We lost to UNI at the beginning of September. We're on a hot streak now. Watch out!

Comment

We lost to UNI at the beginning of September. We're on a hot streak now. Watch out!

Charlie, have the Razorback Wahine played Auburn this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

lost 3-2 a couple of weeks ago in the first meeting. Playing them again in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

lost 3-2 a couple of weeks ago in the first meeting. Playing them again in a few weeks.

HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!!!

Its amazing how things play out. Auburn couldn't beat WSU in a month of Sundays. WSU beat them in Denver 30-23, 30-19 and 30-23 and it wasn't even that close.

UNI pounds Arkansas. Arkansas beats #6 Florida but lost to Auburn only a couple of weeks ago. UNI hammers WSU.

Very little sense to me.

I will contend that 1)WSU played BY FAR their worst match of the season against UNI and that 2) UNI is in our collective heads just a bit.

But still............

Comment

WSU played their worst match "ever" when UNI came here. I don't see that happening again - ever!!
                            :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              But you have to change the avatar. How will we ever tell you and '72 apart? ;)
                              Better? :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X