Lady Shocks @ Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks @ Creighton

Creighton swept both Evansville and SIU this weekend to take over sole control of 1st place at 7-0, one game ahead of the Shocks and MSU who are both 6-1.

Illinois State defeated Northern Iowa on Saturday (30-26, 28-30, 20-30, 35-33, 21-19) in Normal to drop the defending champs and pre-season favorite to 4-3 on the year.

The Shocks are in the same boat as this past Friday when they visited undefeated MSU on the road. They really did not want to fall 2 games behind the leader. Same is true this next Friday.

Creighton gets the Shockers on Friday and MSU on Saturday. Chances are MSU will still be without the services of Katelyn Panzau, so we can't depend on the Bears to do the heavy lifting this weekend. The Shocks need to take care of business themselves on Friday.

Obviously, a sweep of the weekend matches by Creighton would really have them sitting pretty at the mid-way point.

A win against Creighton combined with last Friday's win at MSU will make up for losing to UNI at home. Let's Git 'Er Dun!

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

The UNI match should serve as motivation for the rest of the season.

The Lady Shocks are the class of the league. The league has come so far in the last few years, it's hard to believe.

Remember just last year Lindsey and Amanda were starters early in the year. Lindsey is just working her way into more than situational roles and Amanda gets little more than mop up rolls now.

My point is we have gotten a lot stronger but so has the rest of the league. And we are GOOD.......very good.

A couple of seasons ago, maybe 2 teams MIGHT be able to get us. Now it's 6 or 7 and we are a LOT better.

Like '316, I am still concerned about our conditioning. We seem to always be in trouble deep into matches. I also worry about our toughness. We sweep, and dominate, so often I think we don't know how to react sometimes.

Let's come out fighting this weekend and put our own stranglehold on the conference.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

As long as we win the last game of the season, I'll be happy. :lol:
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

By the way, thank you 1972shocker for you consistent excellent reporting on shocker volleyball. It has performed at a level to deserve the full attention of our fans and you make sure that it has its place on this board. Appreciate the work you do.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
          By the way, thank you 1972shocker for you consistent excellent reporting on shocker volleyball. It has performed at a level to deserve the full attention of our fans and you make sure that it has its place on this board. Appreciate the work you do.
          Thanks for those kind words. I enjoy Shocker VB and I enjoy posting about it. It's fun and entertaining. While we don't have a large number of posters on this section, the ones we do have are very good and I enjoy everyone's contributions.

I hope the Shocks can stay in a position to where our home matches against Missouri State ($1 Night on Friday, Novermber 2nd) and Creighton (Senior Night on Saturday November 10th) will be the matches that determine this year's regualr season champion. If so, I will be very disappointed if we don't draw very large crowds for these matches. Now that could be a really FUN time!

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Is it time that VB get's its own forumn yet?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              If we make SF316 happy and win our last match of the year it will be! It definitely will be!

Comment

And I love being happy!!! :lol:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I like our situation in the league. Everyone brings their best game against us. Creighton will be ready for us. Lets hope our middles are ready for Creighton. :clap: We have four good options at the middle. We must be blocking their middles. We block their middles = we sweep them.
                  GO SHOX!

Comment

It's past time. I have pushed for this in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                      I like our situation in the league. Everyone brings their best game against us. Creighton will be ready for us. Lets hope our middles are ready for Creighton. :clap: We have four good options at the middle. We must be blocking their middles. We block their middles = we sweep them.

That's a great point. I love being the big game on everyone's schedule.

CU plays to their potential and we play to ours = we sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
                        It's past time. I have pushed for this in the past.
                        I'm one of the biggest fans of volleyball on this forum, but it's only active over 3 months a year. Even here during the season they'll be a day or 2 without a post. There are almost as many posts on wether or not WSU should start a football program. Does that mean WSU football should have it's own forum? As much as it pains me to say it, I view the answer as a no.

Comment

I've actually had a recent request to start a football-only forum.

dregn is right. Unless VB becomes close to a year-round subject of discussion, a separate forum doesn't really make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

dregn is right. Unless VB becomes close to a year-round subject of discussion, a separate forum doesn't really make sense.
                            So if VB starts a spring "VB Shocker World Series" (like the fall baseball series), would this help? I'd love to see the good WSU bench players who don't get much playing time in some games. Two squads playing for bragging rights. Develop new setters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              Originally posted by RoyalShock

So if VB starts a spring "VB Shocker World Series" (like the fall baseball series), would this help? I'd love to see the good WSU bench players who don't get much playing time in some games. Two squads playing for bragging rights. Develop new setters, etc.
                              The Shockers do play a short spring schedule of matches, although I don't know if the matches are opent to public or how many are held at home. These are essentially practice scrimmages with other schools.

You might want to check that out next spring. Lambo does a lot of experimentation in those matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X