No announcement yet.

Shocks @ ILS (Friday) & INS (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ ILS (Friday) & INS (Saturday)

The Shocks take on Illinois State on the road tonight at 7:00 pm.

I don't know if this is a must win for the Shocks, but I think it would be a very important win for them, in light of dropping the match to UNI last Saturday.

Last time the teams met the Redbirds dealt the Shocks a big blow late in the year winning in Wichita in 4 games 31-29, 27-30, 33-31 and 30-25.

IIRC, the Redbird's M.C. Richmond, now a junior, pretty much dominated the Shocks in that match.

The Redbirds then followed up with a road win over MSU the following night. ILS had lost to UNI at home the previous week. These matches essentially determined the final outcome of last year's regular season race.

I expect the Redbirds to be bery tough at home and the Shocks will definitely have to play well to win this match.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Thanks for starting the thread '72.

I remember that match well. I couldn't believe how much that girl dominated WSU. I repeat of that effort could certainly spell trouble for our girls.

I will remain optimistic that they are getting things figured out and that we will see more "A" game and less "C" game.

Btw, very nice article on Kelly Broussard today in the Eagle.

Yet another example of the tremendous student athletes associated with not only Volleyball, but Shocker athletics as a whole.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

That was a nice article on Kelly, with a nice metion of Melissa also. Great to see our "littles" getting some well-deserved pub.

Thanks for the link, Doc.

:goshocks:

Comment

Match time is here. Let's Go Shocks. Get 'er done!

Comment

Mike reporting that the Arena is quite warm this evening and could be a factor if one team is better able to cope than the other.

Comment

Shocks off to a good start with a solid performance winning game 1 by a score of 30-21.

Katie Niggemeyer with a very good Game 1 with 5 kills and some good serves.

I think Stephanie Tokarz also delivered 3 kills, so pretty good production in the middle.

Just need to continue doing what we're doing.

Shockers outhit the Redbirds 0.372 to 0.167.

Comment

VERY solid 1st game against a solid team in a tough environment.

Let's keep up the pressure and make this a short night.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Shocks with no service errors in Game 1. :good:

Comment

Shocks down 10-15 midway through Game 2.

:(

Comment

Wow. What a great come back by the Shocks.

Down 15-22, Shocks close out Game 2 on a 15-4 run (including 9 out of the last 10 points) to win 30-26.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

The Shockers come back was led by the serving of Melissa Granville who had a 5 point run, Abby Harsh who had a 5 point run and Emily Stockman who closed out the Game with a 4 point run.

Angela Jakubov who did not play in Game 1, came in midway in Game 2 and gave the Shocks a spark, including a Block Solo on game point.

Comment

Huge sweep for the Shocks over Illinois State. This doesn't make up for the home loss against UNI, but it helps a lot.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Redbirds almost return the favor in Game 3, but Shocks hang on for the Sweep winning Game 3 by a score of 30-28.

Shocks led 23-15, when ILS went on a 7-point run. The match was tied as late as 27-27 before the Shocks held on for the win.

Not sure if they lost concentration and intensity with the big lead, but that will give Lambo a Coaching point.

Nevertheless, I really was'nt expecting a sweep on the road against a very solid ILS team.

The thing that bugs me most is that if we had played this well against UNI last Saturday we are probably 3-0 in the MVC instead of 2-1.

Nice job Shocks.

Comment

You're right TMH, but it is certainly a good win and except for the near collapse at the end of the 3rd game, a nice rebound from the UNI debacle last weekend.

On to TH and ISU blue and what should be a depth building match.

Comment

Lambo seemed very pleased with this win, commenting on how tough and evenly matched the Top of the MVC is this year.

Now we need to root for the Redbirds tomorrow when they host the MSU Bears.

Go Shocks! Go Redbirds!

Comment

Working...
                              X