Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dregn
    I can see if you didn't know the person you may think they were trying to belittle WSU, but when you've refered to me as a pollyanna related to WSU volleyball I thought maybe you'd you remember me. I don't even know why this is continuing. It's my estimate based on past experiences of estimating crowds and my opinion. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion and I'm not going to try and belittle them. I'll admit my 4000-4500 was probably low after thinking of it more, but if I was on the price is right I wouldn't go much over 5k.
    OK. I really did not (and still don't) recall our disagreement. Did I refer to you as a "pollyanna"? (Not that "pollyanna"s are bad, of course!!) Everyone is entitled to her/his opinion but saying that as few as 4000 fans actually attended when the announced attendance was 6024 is saying that the figures are a fabrication IMHO. I will admit this "pissed me off" (Can I say that on SN?). You think the actual attendance was closer to 5000 and I think it was closer to 6000; this is just a difference of opinion. The reason I think your estimate is wrong is because there were fewer than 700 season tickets sold (if I remember correctly) and, even if every single season ticket holder skipped the match, there would still have been over 5300 people who bought tickets for the match. Since North Texas and Cal Poly SLO are rather far away, I doubt that very many skipped the KSU-WSU game.

There is another issue. I don't know how WSU counts attendance. However, since they scan every ticket to a game/match, 6024 may have been the actual number of people who passed through the doors of Koch Arena with a ticket on Saturday. In this case, only season ticket holders who attended would be counted. Finally, I think most and probably almost all season ticket holders attended the KSU-WSU match.

Hats off to the KSU team. We had a chance to win game 3 but our errors and their play gave them the edge. I hope to see another KSU-WSU match at Koch Arena next year.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
      If you really wanna know what I'm like come on by and meet me. Section 126, usually in the first 10 rows along the west side of the section. Name is Dennis and I'll be wearing a Coca-Cola Zero shirt today I think. We can talk WSU sports, WSU the school, or anything else. I'll even buy the first pitcher at the Cedar afterward if your up for it (as long as I still have enough time to make it up to the hockey rink by 6ish).
      Sorry; I didn't notice this post before going to the VB game. Although we lost, I hope this weekend helps the team improve. (I have a bunch of work I have to have ready Monday morning. Hope you enjoy the Cedar!!)
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

No problem, offer still stands in a few weeks when we play Bradley. I gave you the wrong section number by mistake or to hide from ya, ;). Actually sit in 125. Sometimes I hate message boards because you can't read emotions and know how people mean things. Think a place like this would be a lot better if people would get to know each other off the board also.

Comment

Nobody should question dregn's loyalty to the Shox. I know the guy, I've sat with him at many basketball games, and you can all trust me that he knows his stuff and is as loyal to WSU as any of us.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Nobody should question dregn's loyalty to the Shox. I know the guy, I've sat with him at many basketball games, and you can all trust me that he knows his stuff and is as loyal to WSU as any of us.
            Maybe true, but he needs some new Shocker eye wear.

Comment

Working...
            X