No announcement yet.

Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Shockers need to step up their game this evening to have a chance to hang with a very good K-State team.

Last year the Shockers lost 21-30, 28-30 and 30-32 to the Wildkittens in Manhattan. The Shockers have their entire team back from last year plus Sophomore Emily Stockman a transfer from Winthrop who was impressive in her Shocker debut. K-State only graduated one player from their team a year ago, but they have added Natalya Korobkova, a 6'3" Junior transfer from State Siberian Technological University in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. She had an outstanding debut against Cal Poly and was voted the preseason Big XII newcomer of the year.

Based on the performances last night, K-State would have to be installed as a solid, but not overwhelming, favorite in tonight's match.

We need 3,327 fans to break the all-time Shocker VB home attendance record. I think that is one thing that we will accomplish tonight. (Sure would be nice to see the students step up for once).

Winning this match will be a much more difficult proposition, although, the Shockers are very capable winning this match if they play well.

We will get over 4,000 fans there. Don't worry.

Comment

I'm wondering if Lambo will switch back to the 5-1 attack agaisnt K-State this evening to keep Abby Harsh in the match at all times.

Both K-State and Cal Poly use the 5-1.

I'm not sure what all the pros and cons of doing so are, but I'm sure Lambo probably spent half the night (maybe all-night) mulling over his options.

If he does stay with the 6-2 I would expect Kaitlyn Anderson to step in to the #2 setter role.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

5-1 gives us Abby setting all the time and puts her in the front row which isn't all bad because she's a very solid blocker. She reads the ball movement well and will be wherever the ball is hit to block. Unfortuneatly the 5-1 also probably throws Sara back over to the left side more often and puts more weight on her shoulders.

6-2 keeps all our bigs in the game and relieves pressure from Abby and Sara. Con is that we don't have a solid 2nd setter at this point in time. Should be interesting to see what we do.

Comment

KSU whacked NTSU this morning 30-19, 30-17, 30.

The Russian Wildcat transfer only played in game 1 I assume because she was not needed and rested for this evening.

We need all Shocker faithful out tonight to cheer the ladies to victory. Every single one of us needs to be there.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu:

Comment

I am not sure going to a 5-1 is the best thing to do tonight. The number one question should be Abby's health. Now and thru-out the season. I know everyone would like to beat the wildcats but is risking a back injury worth it? Last night was painful to watch. Everyone looked confused on where they should be, very poor blocking (that is the act of defleciting your opponents attack back into their face or at least getting a hand on the attack to give your diggers a chance to have a good pass to a setter who has a chance of getting a good set to a hitter who has a chance of attaching the ball with force) Hitters can hit with force if the sets are there, setters can set if the pass is there, passers can pass if blockers at least impact the opponets attack. Tonight will be a short night unless we block the Russian hitter and I don't see anyone on the shocks team that blocks. We jump too early and are coming down when the atackers are hitting right over us. That assumes we are in position to block, some of our players do not have the speed to be in position to block. Our libero was excellent last night - best performance of the day by anyone on any team.
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              KSU whacked NTSU this morning 30-19, 30-17, 30.

The Russian Wildcat transfer only played in game 1 I assume because she was not needed and rested for this evening.

We need all Shocker faithful out tonight to cheer the ladies to victory. Every single one of us needs to be there.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu:
              Wow! Game 3 was 30-6. Now I see why you didn't complete the score of the final game.

K-State looks very good. Shocks and their fans need to bring their A game tonight.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Don't get to down on our blocking from last night. We served tough which made it very difficult for NT to set up good hits. It's hard to block hits that aren't real solid. We did get a lot of hands on balls that were hit hard.

Comment

Over 6000 at the game. WSU lost in four games.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

3 of the best sets of volleyball i've seen at WSU and one to forget.

K-State was as good of a team i've seen play here since Washington.

Comment

6024 was reported
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well for 3 games the ladies played much, much better. The problem was K State was just a little better in everything. Not a lot but enough.

Emily was really good tonight. There were some other bright spots but when push came to shove KSU was tougher than us.

Good game (actually 3 really GREAT games) and just slightly a record crowd of 6024.

It was huge.

The Russian girl for K State is a man child. When her legs are fresh we have no answer at all. Congrats Cats.

Why can't we play this game every year? That was really fun, except for the loss. Some things are bigger than ego.

Hopefully a lot of new fans won't be turned off by the loss. Tomorrow gives us a chance to still get off to a really strong start.

If there are 25 teams in the country better than K State then I am seriously underestimating womens volleyball.

Comment

EMAW.

Comment

??????????
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Don't forget last year this basically same K-state team minus their new best player was pre-season top 25 and never lived up to expectations. I expect they'll be there at the end of this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X