Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuDrWu
    replied
    KSU whacked NTSU this morning 30-19, 30-17, 30.

The Russian Wildcat transfer only played in game 1 I assume because she was not needed and rested for this evening.

We need all Shocker faithful out tonight to cheer the ladies to victory. Every single one of us needs to be there.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu:

Leave a comment:

• dregn
    replied
    5-1 gives us Abby setting all the time and puts her in the front row which isn't all bad because she's a very solid blocker. She reads the ball movement well and will be wherever the ball is hit to block. Unfortuneatly the 5-1 also probably throws Sara back over to the left side more often and puts more weight on her shoulders.

6-2 keeps all our bigs in the game and relieves pressure from Abby and Sara. Con is that we don't have a solid 2nd setter at this point in time. Should be interesting to see what we do.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I'm wondering if Lambo will switch back to the 5-1 attack agaisnt K-State this evening to keep Abby Harsh in the match at all times.

Both K-State and Cal Poly use the 5-1.

I'm not sure what all the pros and cons of doing so are, but I'm sure Lambo probably spent half the night (maybe all-night) mulling over his options.

If he does stay with the 6-2 I would expect Kaitlyn Anderson to step in to the #2 setter role.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Leave a comment:

• lemuel777
    replied
    We will get over 4,000 fans there. Don't worry.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    started a topic Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Shockers need to step up their game this evening to have a chance to hang with a very good K-State team.

Last year the Shockers lost 21-30, 28-30 and 30-32 to the Wildkittens in Manhattan. The Shockers have their entire team back from last year plus Sophomore Emily Stockman a transfer from Winthrop who was impressive in her Shocker debut. K-State only graduated one player from their team a year ago, but they have added Natalya Korobkova, a 6'3" Junior transfer from State Siberian Technological University in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. She had an outstanding debut against Cal Poly and was voted the preseason Big XII newcomer of the year.

Based on the performances last night, K-State would have to be installed as a solid, but not overwhelming, favorite in tonight's match.

We need 3,327 fans to break the all-time Shocker VB home attendance record. I think that is one thing that we will accomplish tonight. (Sure would be nice to see the students step up for once).

Winning this match will be a much more difficult proposition, although, the Shockers are very capable winning this match if they play well.
Working...
X