Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Volleyball Outlook

Here is the 2007 Shocker VB Outlook from GoShockers.com:

The 2007 Shockers return 11 letterwinners and six starters to a team that won 25 matches a season ago. WSU finished just a match out of first place in the Missouri Valley Conference standings with a 15-3 mark.

Looks like Lambo is going back to the 6-2 attack in order to limit the wear and tear on Abby Harsh's back. Also, this gets Kayla Stout and/or the freshman setter a chance to gain experience if Abby goes down.

Lambo said this year's schedule is he best since he has been at WSU.

:goshocks:

Re: 2007 Volleyball Outlook

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Here is the 2007 Shocker VB Outlook from GoShockers.com:

The 2007 Shockers return 11 letterwinners and six starters to a team that won 25 matches a season ago. WSU finished just a match out of first place in the Missouri Valley Conference standings with a 15-3 mark.

Looks like Lambo is going back to the 6-2 attack in order to limit the wear and tear on Abby Harsh's back. Also, this gets Kayla Stout and/or the freshman setter a chance to gain experience if Abby goes down.

Lambo said this year's schedule is he best since he has been at WSU.

:goshocks:
    Looks like almost all positions are several players deep. How will Lambo split playing time with this many good players? If everyone plays some early in the year, as we get deep in the season we should have people experienced to step up if someone is hurt or sick. We also should be able to rest some worn out bodies with this many good players. This would appear to be a big advantage in the Valley and help with The Post-season Tournament.
    GO SHOX!

Comment

I can't believe somone hasn't snatched Lamb up yet. He has one helluva program going and it just keeps looking better and better. I am looking forward to actually getting out and seeing a match or two this year.

Comment

As with almost everything WSU right now, ADJS is treating Lambo very well. This is not a bad gig and its not like the Michigan's of the volleyball world are dolling out 7 figure contracts for volleyball head coaches.

With my yellow tinted Shocker glasses, I do believe it's POSSIBLE that WSU can replicate the success NU has generated and become a national power in volleyball. Certainly at some point they will have to recruit a real superstar but if NU can do it, HCCL can.

This program has a ton going for it. Don't for a minute think that a 90% graduation rate for athletes doesn't carry some weight with parents and it's not like there is a huge pro league waiting to gobble up first year players. Our program is in the top 15 in attendance. Our coach can win.

If we could manage to sign 1 superstar big hitter from California then the program would leap to the next level and I believe the fans would in turn make the program a top 5 program in all aspects.

Comment

I agree Doc. It would be great to see a superstar here. A packed Chuck for Volleyball would just be crazy.

Comment

Lambo appears to be happy at WSU and we know people have come after him. This program has many good things to offer, excellent coaching, excellent facilities, super administrative support, very good school for eductaion, a President of the University who is one of the best ever, and fan support ranking near the top in the nation. We can not sit bck and be complacient. Everyone above must keep working to improve - everyone else is improving. I like a team where everyone is good - sometime a superstar doesn't fit the culture. There are many excellent players in the midwest and we continue to get some of them. Each year our recruits have gotten better. Next year it appears we have a national level setter comming in. We have a great program created and supported by the above people. Keep improving.
            GO SHOX!

Comment

I have to agree with 1-T-1 here. Obviously you have to have quality players to be competitive at the National level. However, Volleyball is such a team sport that you need quality players throughout the lineup.

A "Super Star" attacker is of little value if you are a poor passing and/or a poor setting team.

Besides, I'm not ready to concede that Sara Lungren doesn't fill the bill for a Star outside hiiter.

VB practice (2 a days) begins today. Sounds like the key issue on Lambo's plate continues to be the health of Abby's back.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

BTW, thanks Royal for putting up the Shock Clock countdown to the VB home opener.

Comment

BTW, thanks Royal for putting up the Shock Clock countdown to the VB home opener.

I agree completely. Thanks Royal.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Just to remind others, season tickets are on sale and they are a great bargain. I picked up 4 yesterday.

Please make plans to get to the 1st tourney if for no other reason than to watch KSU actually compete with us in a sport.

There is no reason a new attendance record cannot be attained. And I will blame each and every one of you if we do not (except of course '316, 1972 & a few others).

:wsu_posters:

Comment

So WSU should move up in attendance figures this year, thus moving them up farther in the national rankings for attendance.

And I agree 1972, Sara could just be that star. And to think, she came from Caldwell, KS.

Comment

The MVC may be a little top heavy in Volleyball, but the upper division of the league is very good and capable of competing at the national level, unlike MVC women's basketball where the best MVC teams are still light years behind he powers that be.

The upper division teams will eventually pull the lower division teams to a higher level.

I agree with Double R that we should move up in attendance with the schedule we have this year. The question is will Shocker fans make it happen.

I know budgets are stretched with high gas prices and people's calendars are full these days, but I would love to see Shocker fans get behind the VB program in a BIG way.

BTW, Doc I've had my 4 season tickets for sometime now and am really looking forward to the upcoming Shocker Volleyball Classic.

Comment

You're welcome. (You too, Spangler!) It'll be even better when I correct the spelling of Texax, err Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                            Lambo appears to be happy at WSU and we know people have come after him. This program has many good things to offer, excellent coaching, excellent facilities, super administrative support, very good school for eductaion, a President of the University who is one of the best ever, and fan support ranking near the top in the nation. We can not sit bck and be complacient. Everyone above must keep working to improve - everyone else is improving. I like a team where everyone is good - sometime a superstar doesn't fit the culture. There are many excellent players in the midwest and we continue to get some of them. Each year our recruits have gotten better. Next year it appears we have a national level setter comming in. We have a great program created and supported by the above people. Keep improving.
                            Forgetting one thing... Wichita is a great place to raise a family which I believe has become important for CL and his assistant.
                            I believe if that setter signs we will be back to a 5-1/

Comment

I've been out of town without access to internet and I'm glad to see the excitement for the women's VB team. I got a totally unusual question from my father today. We never talk sports, but while swimming earlier tonight with my kids, he asks, "Are you going to get some Volley Ball season tickets?" I was so "shocked". I'm thinking were did that one come from? So, I'll take it as a sign to get my butt down to the ticket office and buy about 4 seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X