2017 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Well, although Texas and Nebraska are in the area, they (being among the highest 8 in RPI and with the separation noted above from those starting at #9) are going to host - guaranteed. So we are really competing with the last four in the list.
    Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      #24 AVCA Oregon plays #13 AVCA Southern Cal this afternoon at home
      USC 3-1 at Oregon

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        No help there.

How much damage will playing Memphis cause?

Today (Wednesday) the Shockers are #9 with an RPI of 0.6641. Washington is #8 at 0.6884, a sizable gap. But teams are pretty tight past Washington. The same "gap" of 0.0243 takes you down to #23 Oregon at 0.6405.

The Shockers do not play in isolation, as other results can affect their RPI percentage, but we can look again tomorrow.
      The win over Memphis drops the Shockers to #10 with an RPI of 0.6589. Southern Cal's win over Oregon moved them ahead of the Shocks. If the second match against Memphis drops them another 0.0052, the Shockers would be #16, the slot where RPI Futures has them.

Comment

• flyingMoose
        flyingMoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, after last night's games, he has the Shockers at #17 in the Futures.

• [3pm] Fridays' win over Memphis drops the Shocker's RPI percentage to 0.6551 (a drop of 0.0038) and their RPI to #15. With a number of P5 matches left, Futures still has the Shocks at #17.

Comment

• In the Big East Conference semi-finals todayCreighton swept Villanova and Marquette beat Butler 3-1.

Creighton and Marquette square off tomorrow in the finals. I don't think I have to ask who Shocker fans will be rooting for.

Comment

• The Shockers remain at #15 this morning with an RPI percentage of 0.6555. I assume wins by Creighton and Marquette in the Big East helped the increase of 0.0004 from yesterday afternoon. BYU is next at 0.6553.

EDIT: Futures now at #16. I suppose there is hope.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; November 25, 2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Creighton and Marquette square off tomorrow in the finals. I don't think I have to ask who Shocker fans will be rooting for.
            A win by Marquette increases our chances to host, of course. With the Al McGuire Center being the host site for the Big East tournament, Marquette is a 53% favorite per Pablo. Start time is 130pm CT.

Comment

• What would the RPI be if they didn’t give that Cal Poly match away? Would suck if that was the difference.

NCAA would benifit from WSU hosting, because they would sell tickets.
              The Assman

Comment

• Are there any specific rules to follow when committee does bracketing? example no rematch of non-con in first round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  What would the RPI be if they didn’t give that Cal Poly match away? Would suck if that was the difference.
                  I asked a week or so ago and posted somewhere earlier. Futures at that time (a week ago) had the Shockers finishing #9 or #10 with a win over Cal Poly. With Top25/Top50 and SOS and other factors, that still would be no guarantee, but I sure would have liked our chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by 291185 View Post
                    Are there any specific rules to follow when committee does bracketing? example no rematch of non-con in first round?
                    Another case where I asked on VT, guys who ask explore those kinds of questions a lot deeply than any of us, and the answer was No Special Consideration. I gather an attempt is made to avoid conference rematches the first weekend, but nothing beyond that.

Comment

A win by Marquette increases our chances to host, of course. With the Al McGuire Center being the host site for the Big East tournament, Marquette is a 53% favorite per Pablo. Start time is 130pm CT.
                      Marquette takes the first set, 25-22.

Comment

• Creighton takes the second set, 25-18.

Marquette takes the third set, 25-23, and leads 2-1.

Creighton takes the fourth set, 25-17.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; November 25, 2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

The Shockers remain at #15 this morning with an RPI percentage of 0.6555. I assume wins by Creighton and Marquette in the Big East helped the increase of 0.0004 from yesterday afternoon. BYU is next at 0.6553.

EDIT: Futures now at #16. I suppose there is hope.
                          But then if the committee can't really wait for the RPI after the Saturday matches, the Shockers go into "the room" with an RPI of #15 after Friday matches.

Comment

• Kansas lost at home to an average at best West Virginia side. I'm calling it now. We host. KU the 2 seed. MSU or UNI the 3. CSU a 4?

Comment

Working...
                            X