Emily Stockman - 2016 Shocker Sports HOF Inductee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily Stockman - 2016 Shocker Sports HOF Inductee

Emily Stockman, will join Shocker Baseball great Connor Gillaspie, as a 2016 inductee into the Shocker Sports Hall of Fame. Nothing surprising or controversial about those selections.

WICHITA, Kan. – Conor Gillaspie (Baseball) and Emily Stockman (Volleyball) have been selected as the 2016 Class of the Wichita State Pizza Hut Shocker Sports Hall of Fame.

Congtratulations Emily and Connor.

Agreed. Both very deserving.

The well of Hall of Famers from baseball is probably starting to dry up. There might be a couple more guys from those Super Regionals teams to get there at some point (Dirks comes to mind), but once you move past those teams, it gets REALLY slim. Of course, the elephant in the room will be whether Gene goes in the Hall of Fame while he is still living or whether it happens posthomously.

There are a few more volleyball players who could be added once eligible (Hooper, Feekin, Adney, Andrade). Abbie is giving herself a good start on that possibility.
    78-65

Comment

Added bonus for me....Emily's parents are 2 of my favorite people and it will be great to see them again.

Comment

Great article on Shocker Hall of Fame 2016 inductee Emily Stockman

Emily Stockman played for the Wichita State volleyball team from 2007-09. She was a part of two Missouri Valley Conference championship teams and three NCAA Tournament teams. She finished her career with 1,362 kills, 3,702 attack attempts, a .240 hitting percentage, 108 service aces, 1,186 digs and 184 blocks.

I really liked her Lambo story.

How exciting would it be to see Emily in the 2020 Olympic Games.

:encouragement:

Comment

Working...
        X