Shockers vs Kansas NCAA Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Congrats to the Lady Shocks on a very hard fought effort and on another great season. I think I will particularly miss this group of four 5th year seniors. Thank you for everything to Chelsey, Ashley, Sam and Elizabeth. You will me missed but certainly not forgotten.
    +1
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      They called overlapping on the Shocks which the Shocker staff reacted vociferously too. Jeff Sanders apparently hit the back of his clipboard and a pen or clip or something flew onto the court. The ref admitted he blew the overlapping/rotation call, but gave the Shocker bench a red card which resulted in a point for KU anyway.

No doubt that hurt the Shocks momentum, but not sure it was the difference in the set.
      Well, Jeff acted very vociferously. When he threw his arms up in the air, a piece of paper flew off the clipboard and onto the court. I was there but did not follow the goings-on well enough to realized there was a red card as a result.

Comment

• He actually slammed the clipboard into his hand and it broke in half. Half of it went on the court. I'm sure by the rule book a foreign object thrown on the court is a red card. However, I'd like to think that from a game management perspective the ref would have looked at the big picture of what happened and with the root cause of half the clipboard ending up on the court was a self admitted wrong call by the ref and a failure of the structural integrity of the clipboard that he would have only issued a yellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post
          He actually slammed the clipboard into his hand and it broke in half. Half of it went on the court.
          Ahh. I could tell it was a piece of brown something and made a wrong assumption. Obviously, my vision is no better than that of R2.

I don't know if the punishment fit the crime, but a crime was committed. As pointed out, there is a protocol to get the call reversed, and Jeff has followed it before. In previous matches over the years, an R2 has made an incorrect call, Jeff has appealed, and the incorrect call was overturned.

Comment

• In his post-game comments Lambo was promoting Ashley Andrade as a 1st Team All-American candidate and I think deservedly so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Replay looked in background like board fell, not thrown. Must have been something said.
              Down ref called illegal rotation, point KU.

Jeff points out he is wrong, nicely. Down ref says no. Jeff says nothing (imho) and swings and hits his clipboard in frustration, knocking off a piece of paper on the clipboard which floats onto the edge of the court.

Lambo points out to James Naismith's (I'm fairly certain gay) great grand son that, in fact he was wrong and the rotation was different than he saw.

Light in the loafers admits he was wrong and calls a do over. No point KU.

Up official, another douchenozzle of questionable heritage, is waiting with a red card which awards a point to KU.

If they gave a point in basketball games for outbursts by coaches like that, 3G would be spotting every opponent 35-50 points a game.

I know volleyball is different, but you have to be smart and manage the game. There is no outburst if they don't eff it up. There is NO excuse for the red. NONE.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; December 7, 2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• I am so proud of these young ladies....it's hard to put into words.

Through adversity they fought and clawed and worked their way back into that match tonight...KU knew they were in a battle, and BOTH teams knew if it went 5, the Hawks were toast. Done, finis'.

We say farewell, but not goodbye, to 4 wonderful young ladies.

Thank you Chelsey, Ashley, Elizabeth and Samantha for all you've given to WSU, for giving an old man something to be proud of, and for being wonderful leaders of our youth. You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

• KU vs CU tomorrow night.....I think I pull for a Cobalt-60 delivery during the first technical timeout....perhaps they'll find a small amount of Sarin gas in a concession stand.

Comment

• Still hurting for Chelsea, Ashley, Sam and Elizabeth. Watched the replay and boy did those Ladies leave it all on the court. Wonderful effort from a great group of young ladies. Filling these batch of shoes next year, even with the great recruiting class will be no easy chore.

Comment

• I think this sub-regional lived up to it's billing as perhaps the most competitive. All the matches were settled in 4 mostly hard fought sets.

Creighton def. Arkansas 22-25, 25-14, 25-22, 26-24

Kansas def. Wichita State 25-23, 25-19, 20-25, 25-22

Kansas def. Creighton 25-20, 22-25, 25-22, 25-21

You hold this sub-regional 4 times you could well have 4 different winners.

Comment

Working...
                      X