No announcement yet.

MVC Post-Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of banners will be hung next fall. Dig it.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The selection committee sure didn't do us any favors. They placed us in a pod with 2 teams that have already beat us this season and the one that ended our season last year. At least they will go in knowing how tough it's going to be to pull this off and have the extra motivation to get a little revenge.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Sucks only having one MVC team in the tourney this year. But I hope the Shockers can represent the conference well yet again, or at least continue to make KU the Valley's *****. haha (WSU beating them in VB last year, UNI beating them in MBB in 2010, NDSU beating them in football in 2010. Maybe more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head)

Comment

The Shocks have a chance. They are certainly capable of beating all 3 of the teams in the KU sub-regional. We can easily lose to any of these other teams as well.

Comment

As I have said before - we have better athletes, better coaching, better staff and have the potential to win both matches. It is up to the players on the floor. We have been very good and have been horrible. All four teams can say this and probably believe the same. IF we all believe we can win just because we did last year - we will all be disappointed. Its up to the people on the floor playing the sets. This could be very fun. Looking forward to the weekend.
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st View Post
              As I have said before - we have better athletes, better coaching, better staff and have the potential to win both matches. It is up to the players on the floor. We have been very good and have been horrible. All four teams can say this and probably believe the same. IF we all believe we can win just because we did last year - we will all be disappointed. Its up to the people on the floor playing the sets. This could be very fun. Looking forward to the weekend.
              Yep. This is about as wide open a pod as you will get in college volleyball. In a lot of pods, there will be one school (e.g. Texas, Penn St., etc.) that is way more talented than the other 3 and can coast through without playing great and/or one school that is way less talented than the other 3 and has little chance no matter how well they play. There isn't much to separate these 4 schools from a talent standpoint, so it will come down to which team executes their game the best.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

So who do we play after we win this bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  So who do we play after we win this bracket?
                  If WSU were to win their first two matches, they would move onto Los Angeles (@USC) and likely face Washington, the #3 national seed, and Pac12 champs.

Comment

The word "If" is not in my vocabulary. Positive karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X